Official CAVE IN Thread: Now Signed to Relapse! New Record Soon! Reissues!

Damn no getting through at all. 

2 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

Fuckin had that /500 in the cart and then the baby started to shit herself... Oh well

Man I feel you, I spent the last 15 minutes looking for a specific ball baby wanted to play with and here I am, shut out of a release I've been waiting for ever since the day they first announced it. Ugh.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Pretty understandable that Relapse would crash under some traffic.  Being a brand new label with a new website, who have never been exposed to heavy traffic for big releases before... makes sense that they wouldn't get it right on the first go.

truly wild that a label of their stature can't get this right haha

Just now, Sad Heart said:

Guess I’ll grab blue / red since I missed out on everything else. Damn. They should have made a large run of black for the 4xLP at least. People have been after these records for a long time, and we’ve all been highly anticipating these represses. What a joke. 

I grabbed that one while trying to get relapse to load. 

Just now, roadmonkey said:

Most likely no money has been throwm at scaling servers cause preorders like this don't justify the additional costs

That's my thoughts on it too.  They probably don't need much capacity 95% of the time.  Still pretty annoying whenever a big pre-order happens.

4 minutes ago, radiatorhums said:

That's my thoughts on it too.  They probably don't need much capacity 95% of the time.  Still pretty annoying whenever a big pre-order happens.

True... Also setting up server auto scaling to deal with this is pretty trivial, just n ed to make sure to spin shit down when things settle

I'm not absolutely gutted if everything is gone by the time I get in – I do have an RSD variant of UYHS that looks and sound nice, and probably don't need all that extra material.  [Tracks 11–30, or some portion of them, if you check the bandcamp page.  For anyone wondering.]  But this does not bode well for a potential Jupiter / Antenna reissue, which I would like to "upgrade" at some point.

1 minute ago, hallowken78 said:

Anyone know the breakdown of the different variants?  I assume the red/blue on bandcamp is the standard retail version?

The Twitter video shows a fair amount with run sizes. 

4xLP various half and half with splatter /340

4xLP quad with splatter /748

4xLP tri merge with splatter /1503

2xLP white and blue with splatter /553

2xLP blue and red merge with splatter - BC exclusive /497

And yah, I’m guessing blue and red is retail.