Jump to content

Official CAVE IN Thread: Now Signed to Relapse! New Record Soon! Reissues!


Recommended Posts

  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

That’s awesome. I’ll have to pick up a new copy of a few of those. I’m assuming the phrasing “nearly all of our back catalogue” and the fact that Antenna is missing from the picture means that it won’t be included. Which is a bummer because that’s the only one I don’t have. It makes sense though, being on a major and all. Oh well. 
 

I’m excited to see what a new album will sound like as well.  

Edited by achillesstand7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, achillesstand7 said:

That’s awesome. I’ll have to pick up a new copy of a few of those. I’m assuming the phrasing “nearly all of our back catalogue” and the fact that Antenna is missing from the picture means that it won’t be included. Which is a bummer because that’s the only one I don’t have. It makes sense though, being on a major and all. Oh well. 
 

I’m excited to see what a new album will sound like as well.  

Yeah, Relapse confirmed that they can't repress Antenna. RCA/Sony must really want to keep it locked up eh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those that remember me from the DF days have some idea of my Cave In collection. This jump to Relapse marks the end of my upkeep. I can't contend with the price or amount of limited variants they churn out. Fucking fifteen years of doing everything in my power to keep this collection complete, dashed away in an Instagram post. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really excited for a new LP and I'm happy that the albums will be available for people.  Hope Perfect Pitch Black has the 7".  I didn't want to buy another copy just for that when HH did a pressing, but I probably would now.  Guessing I'll probably double dip on a few of these anyway, big weakness for Cave In.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IG88 said:

Those that remember me from the DF days have some idea of my Cave In collection. This jump to Relapse marks the end of my upkeep. I can't contend with the price or amount of limited variants they churn out. Fucking fifteen years of doing everything in my power to keep this collection complete, dashed away in an Instagram post. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Here comes the onslaught of splatter records.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • jhulud changed the title to Official CAVE IN Thread: Now Signed to Relapse! New Record Soon! Reissues!
11 hours ago, IG88 said:

Those that remember me from the DF days have some idea of my Cave In collection. This jump to Relapse marks the end of my upkeep. I can't contend with the price or amount of limited variants they churn out. Fucking fifteen years of doing everything in my power to keep this collection complete, dashed away in an Instagram post. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Bummer yes, but the collection you have is truly epic! Personally I'm glad they are sticking around and making new music. The show I saw at the Bowery Ballroom in Oct. 2019 totally destroyed. Nate is a real beast with them. Brings a really nice element to the band, taking nothing away from Caleb of course, but Nate really is the one and only proper replacement. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mattycakes said:

Nobody can replace Caleb, but I think Nate Newton is a great fit. Really excited for the new record.

 

Agreed. And I feel that it's perfectly fitting that they kept it in the "family" with Nate coming in as their bands have always been intertwined esp. Old Man Gloom

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

fuck I cant wait for the new album.  I went through my records, thinking I had more copies, only to find I only have three, lol.  easily a top 5 band for me, and that live tribute album to Caleb... I'll never forget when I found that album and what it helped me through.  I cannot wait for the new record.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

fuck I cant wait for the new album.  I went through my records, thinking I had more copies, only to find I only have three, lol.  easily a top 5 band for me, and that live tribute album to Caleb... I'll never forget when I found that album and what it helped me through.  I cannot wait for the new record.

Relapse will also be reassuring the back catalog on vinyl so time to fill in those gaps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×

oh my wow GIF by ESPN Deportes

 

Please disable AdBlock OR sign-in in order to be able to access our website...

I Understand, I'll disable it for this website