Official CAVE IN Thread: Now Signed to Relapse! New Record Soon! Reissues!

Yeah they did re-issue Until Your Heart Stops and Jupiter on two consecutive record store days so there was a point where I felt like it was foregone conclusion we'd see the rest. Back in the days when it was worth scrambling for RSD.

Would definitely buy it if they did it.

18 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Wow Dark Driving, Joy Opposites, Serpents and Big Riff!??!?!?! I don't know if I'm ready for tomorrow.

If they play Youth Overrided I'll weep like a new born. To be fair I may just weep like a new born anyway.

I like the new song well enough, but I only got into Cave-In through “Antenna,” and then fell in love with “Jupiter,” and to a lesser extent “Tides of Tomorrow.” Their space-rock material is unparalleled! But their heavier side is just not my bag of chips. So I’ll need to hear at least one more song similar to the single to pony up.

7 hours ago, Kyte30351 said:

I like the new song well enough, but I only got into Cave-In through “Antenna,” and then fell in love with “Jupiter,” and to a lesser extent “Tides of Tomorrow.” Their space-rock material is unparalleled! But their heavier side is just not my bag of chips. So I’ll need to hear at least one more song similar to the single to pony up.

I've got a mate who is the same, I was talking to him about White Silence and how awesome it was and he said "I loved Cave In" then I played him Serpents and his face was priceless so you're not alone. I mean you're WRONG but you're not alone. :P

1 minute ago, throwgncpr said:

The space-rock Cave In was good, but gd, when Caleb unleashed his roar...  I'll definitely grab this record, but I hope there is a little chaos in it.

Been listening to them all day and based on their last album I really have no idea what to expect. White Silence literally had bits of Clouds, Zozobra, Mutoid Man and even Steve's solo stuff in its DNA and it just works so well. Regardless of what happens I'll be happy* I would like some gnarled viciousness thrown into the mix too but I'm a fan of everything they've done.

To me they are probably the best band Hydra Head ever had on their roster and that in and of itself is mighty praise.

*bittersweet and sad at the same time

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/cave-in/2019/electric-ballroom-london-england-339334a9.html 

That was some show. I was literally shaking by the end of it. They had the album on Clear with white smoke and Grey marble both of which have hype stickers on saying they are out of 400 pieces. I held off as I snagged a yellow preorder but I did grab that Live at Roadburn LP. No CDs on hand yet but with the amount of people walking out with this under their arm I'm guessing it won't be long til a vinyl rip appears.

9 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/cave-in/2019/electric-ballroom-london-england-339334a9.html 

That was some show. I was literally shaking by the end of it. They had the album on Clear with white smoke and Grey marble both of which have hype stickers on saying they are out of 400 pieces. I held off as I snagged a yellow preorder but I did grab that Live at Roadburn LP. No CDs on hand yet but with the amount of people walking out with this under their arm I'm guessing it won't be long til a vinyl rip appears.

Black also a hype sticker stating only 1500 pressed. I asked for a clear but was given a black, didn't realise till I got home as I put it in my bag without checking. Ah well, rookie mistake. Will pass it along once my grey arrives. 

Also, the show was incredible!! 

Edited by strangers

14 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

That was some show. I was literally shaking by the end of it. They had the album on Clear with white smoke and Grey marble both of which have hype stickers on saying they are out of 400 pieces. I held off as I snagged a yellow preorder

You passed up on having this 2 months early because you ordered a yellow?  That is crazy and patient all in one

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

You passed up on having this 2 months early because you ordered a yellow?  That is crazy and patient all in one

I mean it is only a limited number they have with them n I didnt want to double dip n then go through the hassle of then trying to find a buyer when my yellow gets here. 

Did grab one for someone here  n sent it out this morning so i didnt wanna take two from the table.

Patience is the one thing this hobby has taught me.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

• jhulud changed the title to Official CAVE IN Thread: Now Signed to Relapse! New Record Soon! Reissues!