PO - The Menzingers - Hello Exile (Oct. 4)

Can't really make out the lyrics, but from what I can tell it's a sonically fun/catchy song with a huge bias that points fingers at an older generation that's concerned about their property rights and retirement plans lol. Not trying to make this thread about politics, but favoring one authoritarian over another doesn't make you a, "good guy."

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Can't really make out the lyrics, but from what I can tell it's a sonically fun/catchy song with a huge bias that points fingers at an older generation that's concerned about their property rights and retirement plans lol. Not trying to make this thread about politics, but favoring one authoritarian over another doesn't make you a, "good guy."

BOOMERS RUINED AMERICAH

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Interpunk selling the indie variant with a $8 markup lol

Don't worry, they'll throw in a random 7" from a crust punk band that broke up 20 years ago to sweeten the deal!

https://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=248982

More like “don’t worry they will delay your order for a few months before insisting you take store credit when they can’t fulfill it”

5 minutes ago, exileinoblivion said:

I mean would anyone care if Interpunk just ceased to exist ? Like thanos snapped his fingers with the gauntlet and it just never existed in the first place . Just a horrible horrible company who steals money from not only customers but bands themselves . 

100% no one would care. Only people who haven’t been burned by them or seen how they’ve treated others still order from them. I’m happy to slander them in any VC thread I see them brought up in to spread the word.

45 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

100% no one would care. Only people who haven’t been burned by them or seen how they’ve treated others still order from them. I’m happy to slander them in any VC thread I see them brought up in to spread the word.

Scum of the earth . I mean forget even how they treat their customers even they take merch from bands on the front and then never pay the bands back . Numerous bands I follow have said they done this . It is hard to believe they are still around . But you notice almost no company will any longer give them exclusives . They have to stick with the indie exclusives all stores get. 10 years ago almost every release especially from labels like Asian man , vagrant , and others had an interpunk exclusive . Those labels learned how shitty Interpunk is . 

19 minutes ago, exileinoblivion said:

Scum of the earth . I mean forget even how they treat their customers even they take merch from bands on the front and then never pay the bands back . Numerous bands I follow have said they done this . It is hard to believe they are still around . But you notice almost no company will any longer give them exclusives . They have to stick with the indie exclusives all stores get. 10 years ago almost every release especially from labels like Asian man , vagrant , and others had an interpunk exclusive . Those labels learned how shitty Interpunk is . 

Price gouging seems like it's their method to stay afloat, as if they hope someone not in the 'know' of record collecting comes across a listing like that, thinks it's an exclusive, and pulls the trigger.

It sucks because in the early 2000's Interpunk was my go-to method of getting smaller band's merch/CDs. Over the years they've become an empty shell of what they once were. It's sad.

16 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Price gouging seems like it's their method to stay afloat, as if they hope someone not in the 'know' of record collecting comes across a listing like that, thinks it's an exclusive, and pulls the trigger.

It sucks because in the early 2000's Interpunk was my go-to method of getting smaller band's merch/CDs. Over the years they've become an empty shell of what they once were. It's sad.

Yep loved INterpunk in like 2002 or so I would find such rare cd and vinyl on there and they used to be cool and throw in tons of free stuff. Once I ordered like 250 worth of vinyl from them around 2003 or so and they send me 5 free records of bands that they could tell I would like and it was good stuff ( screeching weasel and the Force where in there )   . So while they are fuckin awful now they weren't this way many years ago.