PO: CHON - CHON (6/7/19)

https://chon.merchdirect.com/

Pink/Black out of 500   * SOLD OUT* 

Black/Aqua out of ?    (Appears to be a VIP tour variant only.)  https://www.thisischon.com/tour

Blue/White out of 1000  https://chon.merchdirect.com/products/65682-chon-lp

Edited by dapeebs

1 hour ago, dapeebs said:

New single was posted last night. Found one variant earlier today, and now their site is down. I'd expect an announcement soon. 

https://open.spotify.com/album/07AziZT07DGPR3GydGgUaf?si=0GkEomTLREK0S0V5QUQwTg

What is the album called? And please tell me it has better artwork than the single does.

I am not sure why but I really dislike that art! (Single is incredible though, of course).

1 minute ago, V3XED said:

What is the album called? And please tell me it has better artwork than the single does.

I am not sure why but I really dislike that art! (Single is incredible though, of course).

Don't think the album title has been released yet. And I'm almost positive that will be the album art as the bundles I saw earlier had the exact same art.

1 minute ago, dapeebs said:

Don't think the album title has been released yet. And I'm almost positive that will be the album art as the bundles I saw earlier had the exact same art.

Dang, oh well. Ill take good music over a good cover any day.
Also, I found an article stating that the album will be self titled, but who knows.

In for this one.

Since they're going through Merch Direct, it seems like their (MD's) team of designers has taken over the apparel design.  It's pretty in line, trend-wise, with what is happening in streetwear fashion.  You can even draw some parallels between Chon's merch and Deftones merch (both Merch Direct).

Edited by highfives

13 minutes ago, highfives said:

Since they're going through Merch Direct, it seems like their (MD's) team of designers has taken over the apparel design.  It's pretty in line, trend-wise, with what is happening in streetwear fashion.  You can even draw some parallels between Chon's merch and Deftones merch (both Merch Direct).

I get that it's "hip", just not my style at all. Definitely get it out somewhere like Cali though where it's sunny and nice all the time. I live in the northeast and it's very much a blacks/dark colors vibe for most of the year.

Don't remind me about the Deftones merch situation. I've been wearing the same mottled grey hoodie of theirs for 4 years now and waiting for them to drop something that I would actually consider wearing.

Edited by dapeebs

2 hours ago, highfives said:

1 hour ago, dapeebs said:

I've been wearing the same mottled grey hoodie of theirs for 4 years now and waiting for them to drop something that I would actually consider wearing.

The MerchDirect team of designers is led by Glassjaw's Justin Beck (who owns/runs MerchDirect), so most band merch on MD have many similarities to his/Glassjaw's designs.

7 minutes ago, freezeflash said:

The MerchDirect team of designers is led by Glassjaw's Justin Beck (who owns/runs MerchDirect), so most band merch on MD have many similarities to his/Glassjaw's designs.

Did not know that. Now that makes a lot of sense, not only the designs but the price points too. Guess MerchDirect targets household name bands and tries to turn them into a unique brand as well. 

2 hours ago, dapeebs said:

I get that it's "hip", just not my style at all. Definitely get it out somewhere like Cali though where it's sunny and nice all the time. I live in the northeast and it's very much a blacks/dark colors vibe for most of the year.

Don't remind me about the Deftones merch situation. I've been wearing the same mottled grey hoodie of theirs for 4 years now and waiting for them to drop something that I would actually consider wearing.

I still have a grey "script" beanie from 1996.  I'd love to see a "Vintage Deftones" collection with the billiard ball, screaming cat, and script logo.

20 hours ago, highfives said:

I still have a grey "script" beanie from 1996.  I'd love to see a "Vintage Deftones" collection with the billiard ball, screaming cat, and script logo.

I used to have a Deftones hoodie from the Adrenaline era that was basically a Ride the Lightning Metallica logo, but the word Deftones instead. It was amazing and I grew out of it (I was fifteen for chrissake) and game it to my buddy. Someone stole it from him. It was likely a bootleg because I have never seen a picture of it since.

12 minutes ago, pmlevine said:

Exclusive Tour Vinyl Variant (black inside/transparent aqua)

https://www.thisischon.com/tour

Wish they had other bands on this tour I enjoyed. $75 for a shirt, vinyl, GA ticket, and all the other stuff is actually pretty solid price wise. I'd expect those to move quick.

4 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Wish they had other bands on this tour I enjoyed. $75 for a shirt, vinyl, GA ticket, and all the other stuff is actually pretty solid price wise. I'd expect those to move quick.

Same...I am fine with the preorder, not going to spend $75 on this bundle. Don't really like the LA venue either so I may pass on this show, but I did see them in December for the Homey orchestra shows and that was awesome

Edited by pmlevine