PO: State Faults - Clairvoyant (6/21/2019)

California skramz outfit State Faults returns from hiatus to unveil their third LP, Clairvoyant, due out 6/21 via No Sleep/Dog Knights. Hear the blistering opening single, "Moon Sign Gemini," now via Revolver. Pre-orders up now on No Sleep and Dog Knights.

spacer.png

Track Listing:

1. Dreamcatcher, Pt. II
  2. Planetary
  3. Moon Sign Gemini
  4. Sacrament
  5. Olive Tree
  6. Sleeplessness
  7. Clairvoyant
  8. Baptism
  9. Funeral Teeth
  10. Contaminature
  11. Cemetery Lights

3 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Always heard of these guys, but never listened. New single rips though. Might pre-order if it hangs around til the end of the week.

"Desolate Peaks" is a little polarizing but "Resonate/Desperate" is phenomenal, would highly recommend checking them out. Such a solid band. Don't think there's any danger of this selling out so you should be fine.

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

At least mention you had to buy something else to get that deal and the shipping isn't for one thing. Got me all excited to cop this for way cheaper than retail.

haha damn sorry man i didnt even know, threw a t shirt in my bag and checked out, total was high enough cause of the shipping and i just saw at the end that they knocked it down to five, wasnt sure what the discount was for.

still a good deal considering it was a $5 record and the limited variant... if thetes anything else you want id cop, this record is unreal and the band really deserves the hype/money anyway.

saw them ages ago at some random fest in virginia i drove in for.  like 30 bands came but fucking nobody bought tickets. it was me, my friends, and a handful of locals...

lots of cool shit like 2 guitar tiny moving parts, whenskiesaregrey, into it over it, and i think old gray played but ive seen them so many times i dont really remember.

state faults played tho circa desolate peaks (?) and it was easily the best set of the whole weekend. their drummer is unreal.

36 minutes ago, jaedong said:

haha damn sorry man i didnt even know, threw a t shirt in my bag and checked out, total was high enough cause of the shipping and i just saw at the end that they knocked it down to five, wasnt sure what the discount was for.

still a good deal considering it was a $5 record and the limited variant... if thetes anything else you want id cop, this record is unreal and the band really deserves the hype/money anyway.

saw them ages ago at some random fest in virginia i drove in for.  like 30 bands came but fucking nobody bought tickets. it was me, my friends, and a handful of locals...

lots of cool shit like 2 guitar tiny moving parts, whenskiesaregrey, into it over it, and i think old gray played but ive seen them so many times i dont really remember.

state faults played tho circa desolate peaks (?) and it was easily the best set of the whole weekend. their drummer is unreal.

Do you know if it's the same drummer on the new record? Hes easily the highlight for me, incredible.

no factual evidence to back it up but like i said he was insane 7 or 8 years ago so i cant imagine how good he is now. this band doesnt tour much too so a guy at his level is just woodshedding at home anyway. id be very surprised if it wasnt the same guy, that level of skill isnt easy to find locally outside of paying for session musicians.

i met him at that festival, i still remember him being super nice. he had gauges and a shaved head or buzz. i told him that the production on desolate peaks didnt capture how nuts he was, the record before this newest one was sooo good though.

this genre is kinda dead now. it kinda got killed by this new party emo stuff. glad the genre got one last mega ripper, most skramz coming out these days is bad/kinda derivative too imo.

these dudes were always too tier for me but the new one is still unexpectedly masterful.

drumming is def the highlight but the whole band is really talented. super cool riffs, they have a lot of style, and the tones on this and the last one are killer, id be really curious to what amps they play.

Edited by jaedong

BUMP this thread. These guys deserve all the hype. I bought a shirt from their bigcartel way back in like 2013 and Jonny drew me a huge cartoon figure and threw it in the package just because.

It’s rare that a skramz record has such distinguishable songs but Clairvoyant is the exception. Seriously so good. I can only hope an east coast tour is in the works.

1 hour ago, dapeebs said:

Definitely give it a listen. Their earlier stuff is nothing special but Resonate is incredible. 

I truly hope that I’m reading this thread right and you’ve gotten into these guys just by this album/VC thread. If I’ve turned even one guy onto this band that would make my day.