PO: Low Hum - Room to Breathe (out June 7, 2019)

v8h8k7.jpg

PO: Low Hum - Room to Breathe

I came across this band via Bandcamp last year & was blown away by their first self-titled EP.  I suppose you can call them chillwave, but with more of an indie/garage/alt vibe as well.  

Their first full album is available for PO on white vinyl (not sure the pressing number), but even though it’s through a Canadian store, it’s only $26 shipped (at least to Ohio).

Some songs from the first EP are on this album which you can check out here...

http://lowhum.bandcamp.com/album/low-hum-ep

If you have Spotify, you can hear a few of the newer songs there, or just check these out...

Edited by mrewest

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Do I even have a chance at liking this if you made the thread?  You had my curiosity at “chillwave”.

I’d say 40% chance haha

And don’t shoot me if I’m misusing chillwave.  I’m not too well versed in it but from what I’ve heard this seems to fit it.  More so with ‘Comatose’ than the others.

• 1 month later...

This was okay.

🤣 We can’t win and this continues our trend.  I didn’t hate this at all.  Vocal style is a little eh to me, and doesn’t seem to vary all that much.  Instrumentally I thought it was pretty chill – maybe not “chillwave” by definition but perfect for a breezy summer afternoon.  I’ll  replay it in the future.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

This was okay.

Hide contents

🤣 We can’t win and this continues our trend.  I didn’t hate this at all.  Vocal style is a little eh to me, and doesn’t seem to vary all that much.  Instrumentally I thought it was pretty chill – maybe not “chillwave” by definition but perfect for a breezy summer afternoon.  I’ll  replay it in the future.

Honestly I figured the biggest draw back might be the vocals.  The falsetto hangs around a bit too much, but I still hardcore dig this start to finish.  Glad you checked out.  Hope maybe it clicks a bit more in the future.