[PO] Ride - This is Not a Safe Place

2 minutes ago, jrodan said:

$45.99ppd?

GFY Ride/Wichita!

It breaks $50 for me; shipping was $18 I think?  Could be dreaming that — I saw it this morning, added it to the cart, then laughed and went back to sleep.  Definitely holding out for a cheaper option.  I recall their last album being easy to grab at a decent price.

Anyone else not thrilled by the cover art though?  The hand looks so gimmicky to me.

33 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

It reminds me of one of those shitty action movies that’s shot entirely in first person. 

It's got that "Hardcore Henry" vibe. And are the tracks really printed on the cover? All of their Creation covers were fantastic. This just felt like a bastardized version of Nowhere to me. But as long as the music is good I'll be snagging it at some point.

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Nice, that’s what I was hoping for.  Variant sounds good enough for me.  Considering the alternative prices, that seems like the no-brainer option for US customers.  Wonder if VMP will eventually get an exclusive like they did with WD.

The new single is pretty sweet, I must say.

I loved Weather Diaries but I don't think it sold particularly well for VMP so I don't  know if we'll see them do this one.  

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, poweredbytrust said:

this is better than I expected. We all knew Future Love was a banger, and In This Room is equally amazing as a closer. Let's see if the stuff in between will grow on me.

Totally agree.  The less-impressive tracks (on first listen) aren’t shabby at all.  I could see this one getting fair replay from me – Shadows Behind the Sun is the only track I’m feeling pretty eh about.