Finch - What It Is To Burn X Live repress

27 minutes ago, famousdrumer said:

master rights are probably tied up with Drive Thru Records. Same thing happened with Senses Fail, that's why they re-recorded From Depths and Dreams. 

Honest question - did such a rights issue exist when the Hot Topic represses were done? I have a copy on black that is devoid of all mention of Drive-Thru, including their logo. Which, by the way, you can find and snag for $40 if you’re patient. I’m sure a repress would be priced at something crazy like $35 today anyway. 

On 4/25/2019 at 11:32 AM, NoSeatbeltSong said:

Honest question - did such a rights issue exist when the Hot Topic represses were done? I have a copy on black that is devoid of all mention of Drive-Thru, including their logo. Which, by the way, you can find and snag for $40 if you’re patient. I’m sure a repress would be priced at something crazy like $35 today anyway. 

its possible that they got a license from them to do that pressing. I do believe though that the Hot Topic pressing was still Drive Thru (which is under Geffen) 

Sometimes the labels will also sell off smaller assets to random companies so can be difficult to track down as well. This is what apparently happened with Blue Sky Noise by Circa Survive.

It was probably easier for them to do it this way than go through the licensing process. This way there is no limit on how many they can produce Also, Im assuming Finch owns the masters so they will make a higher profit than if it was the original masters controlled/owned by the label. 

I believe Universal owns the rights still since it was released under MCA/Drive-Thru at the time like NFG, Fenix TX, etc.  I actually think SRC would make a decent pressing of this, seems right up their alley.  I have an og Drive-Thru press that sounds bad and has song cuts all over the place.  I can’t speak for the reissues, but I know Universal messed up the album art on one of the pressings and it’s super pixelated.

On 4/27/2019 at 2:20 PM, curator said:

I believe Universal owns the rights still since it was released under MCA/Drive-Thru at the time like NFG, Fenix TX, etc.  I actually think SRC would make a decent pressing of this, seems right up their alley.  I have an og Drive-Thru press that sounds bad and has song cuts all over the place.  I can’t speak for the reissues, but I know Universal messed up the album art on one of the pressings and it’s super pixelated.

I owned the repress and the mastering is the same loudness war garbage as the CD.  I own a 2002 pressing from DTR too, and it it far more dynamic and an okay pressing.  Unfortunate the title track is not included, I really love the demo version of that track.

Edited by firefoxUSSR

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, andrewlucas said:

Did it always come with a dvd? Mine didn’t! I have two variants too. 😠

edit: Wait! Apparently both my variants are white, so I have two copies. Still no dvd. Anyone want a white copy without a dvd? 😂

What's different about your white ones? I bought the original pressing on white vinyl. I don't think mine came with a DVD. I know there was a black repress too.

1 hour ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

What's different about your white ones? I bought the original pressing on white vinyl. I don't think mine came with a DVD. I know there was a black repress too.

No difference. I thought I had a black one. There was a mess with the test pressings though. I got that and whoever was in charge of that was thinking each LP was a full album so they oversold them. I only got LP2. They had to make more I guess and it took over a year to get it. I think when they sent it they sent me an extra white one. 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

Did it always come with a dvd? Mine didn’t! I have two variants too. 😠

edit: Wait! Apparently both my variants are white, so I have two copies. Still no dvd. Anyone want a white copy without a dvd? 😂

How cheap would you let it go for? I actually have the CD/DVD on order from eBay as we speak 😂

• 2 weeks later...