PO: Taylor Swift - 'Lover' - Out on 8/23 (2xLP out on 11/15) / Right Now: "ME!" 7" Single

So I bought the two pic discs, got my confirmation email with the 25% off (I didn't know about it before)... I thought that was a sign and decided to buy the 7"s.

I use the code to buy ME! #1-4. Cool. Except now that leaves me with only needing the ME! Live 7". So I obviously have to buy that.

I go back to buy ME! Live 7" but I then find out you can only use the code once per account. It was late and I wasn't thinking about just making another account, so I put my order in, but also added in the picture discs too... so I paid full price AGAIN for those. I'm planning to just sell the extra set of pic discs to cover the cost of those.

Dumb. I hate myself.

Edited by nardes

2 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Does having a #1 song even matter anymore? 

Only in that it's a direct indicator of streams, sales, and radio play. For all the talk of how artists need to find different revenue sources these days, it seems the biggest artists still make monster amounts of money from their music [thinking emoji]: https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/drake-is-the-biggest-artist-of-all-time-on-apple-music-and-spotify-generating-over-50m/

41 minutes ago, filthyrich said:

When your team spends $500K on the single rollout and you come in second to a kid on a laptop doing cowboy voices over old NIN samples....

spacer.png

To tell you the truth, I have not listened to either of these songs...

but the description of the latter has actually piqued my interest. :lol:

I am now worried about the new merch people they have running her webstore.

I ordered one of the litho prints and a t-shirt when things started dropping. Before the singles were announced. I received said litho and shirt...in an oversized cardboard envelope with a backing board...and the t-shirt inside as well. So needless to say...the print got roughed up and at some point the entire envelope...which seemed rigid enough due to the cardboard backing inside...was still bent and almost folded. So yeah...the print has mad creases and edges and corners got crimped. Could have been rolled into a poster tube. But I guess for the sake of "saving" on shipping...they stuffed it all in an oversized envelope.

And it took the merch store about three days to offer a resolution (re-ship the print if still in stock otherwise 3-4 weeks "pre-order" or refund) after some back and forth and even with photos provided.

Now I am worried about what a shitshow it will be when they ship any and all vinyl.

This is sorta intriguing & curious. Just read online a snippet of the EW interview Swift is on the cover of, and she mentions all the Easter eggs and hints everyone’s been looking into and she’s come clean on some. One mentioned that got me curious is that on her 2019 wall calendar, there are wax seals on some of the months that could be hints. There was one for 4/13 which is when the countdown started. 

I looked through the calendar...cuz of course I have one...and there are wax seals also on 5/13, 7/13, 8/13, 9/3, and 12/13. 

Hmmmmmm...

On 5/11/2019 at 11:11 PM, jhulud said:

This is sorta intriguing & curious. Just read online a snippet of the EW interview Swift is on the cover of, and she mentions all the Easter eggs and hints everyone’s been looking into and she’s come clean on some. One mentioned that got me curious is that on her 2019 wall calendar, there are wax seals on some of the months that could be hints. There was one for 4/13 which is when the countdown started. 

I looked through the calendar...cuz of course I have one...and there are wax seals also on 5/13, 7/13, 8/13, 9/3, and 12/13. 

Hmmmmmm...

12/13 is the only Friday in that list. I wonder if we'll have to wait until December for an album drop. Though that is also her birthday so that could be the reason why there's a seal, and she said the album would be out before she turned 30, right? So I don't know haha

2 hours ago, RowBearToe said:

12/13 is the only Friday in that list. I wonder if we'll have to wait until December for an album drop. Though that is also her birthday so that could be the reason why there's a seal, and she said the album would be out before she turned 30, right? So I don't know haha

The whole month of June has a stamp by it so the album could come then...