PO: Taylor Swift - 'Lover' - Out on 8/23 (2xLP out on 11/15) / Right Now: "ME!" 7" Single

5 minutes ago, wesisthebastard said:

Got my 12" Pic EP and 7" #2. Came packages with tissue paper hearts...anyone else get these?

Every. Single. Order.

I think I have a large Ziploc bag full of these so far. Every order so far that I've gotten since the new webstore change, has come with these tissue paper hearts. It's a nice touch but they get everywhere. It's like glitter.

10 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Are you actually serious? Do you really think this is anything but garbage quality control on overpriced trash for people they think won't notice (for good reason)? Lmao.

It was definitely meant to be very sarcastic... I blame my wording on it being very early and me not having had any of my morning coffee when I replied

Edited by nardes

• 4 weeks later...

Got shipping notice for the “Tim McGraw” 7” single. Can’t wait to receive it and then post a video of burning them in protest to BMLG & Scooter Braun. 

T-Swizzle did a recent interview in which she said she’s planning to re-record her first albums in order to control those masters. 

3 hours ago, jhulud said:

Got shipping notice for the “Tim McGraw” 7” single. Can’t wait to receive it and then post a video of burning them in protest to BMLG & Scooter Braun. 

T-Swizzle did a recent interview in which she said she’s planning to re-record her first albums in order to control those masters. 

I support all of this one billion percent. Lover sounds very intriguing and may be my favorite of the recent albums, but it doesn’t get better than the first three. 

9 hours ago, jhulud said:

Mine came yesterday. Hand numbered /4000

Edited by timsimmons

10 hours ago, jhulud said:

The original albums will still be available everywhere - presumably the dudes who just paid $300 million for her catalog aren't going to take their property off streaming services just because Swift comes out with new recordings of the same songs. And she'll have to have new artwork and most likely title them something like "1989 (2019 Re-recording)". Her diehard fans might switch to listening to the new recordings because they know the backstory, but most people who are just looking to throw a recognizable song on a playlist or DJ a wedding are going to go with the version everybody knows. She got some pretty breathless coverage about this in the last 24 hours as if it's a novel concept, but this is the same tactic that hundreds of bands who signed bad deals have had to use. Probably half the greatest collections from second-tier 70s & 80s rock bands are "re-recorded/remastered".