PO: Taylor Swift - 'Lover' - Out on 8/23 (2xLP out on 11/15) / Right Now: "ME!" 7" Single

My biggest pet peeve with the hobby. Its not that hard to estimate when a record should arrive, even via media mail.  There is no reason in 2019 why a record (assuming its done being manufactured) can't get to your mailbox by release day or a day or two before. But it coming a week later is dumb. 

Sure we all stream, so its not like we can't listen to a record, but we make the effort to buy a physical edition, at least meet us halfway and get us the record by release day.

I'm still waiting on my FKA Twigs from VMP. It came out Friday, it won't arrive until tomorrow. Thats silly.

Mine came today, the static in the inner sleeves was so ridiculous I couldn't get the album out to put it in a better inner without some struggle; otherwise it was packaged very well and didn't have any shipping damage which seems to be a problem since I've moved in the last year. Probably should have taken some pictures but I've never seen anything like this LP mailer. 

Got my copy today, and seam splits out the wahzoo! Gonna take it to my store to exchange. The mailer they sent it in was interesting. 

...and fuck Scooter and Borchetta. That statement they posted never addressed her allegations and flipped it to make themselves look like victims. But it seems that they have backed down now that it’s public. Brava Taylor!

Did the deal a few weeks back where 3 records were like $49 with free shipping.. all arrived today including Lover. Just now got refunded for the purchase since I didn’t have enough on my debit when they charged it yesterday ha. So they’re free I guess  🙂 it’s a good Saturday 

19 hours ago, uglyme said:

The locked groove at the end of side C failed on me and my VM540ML jumped to the label....

I’m too nervous to play anything else to see if my needle survived.  That sound!!! 😳

Sounds like your anti-skate is off.

Also, if your needle is a diamond, it should be fine. You might want to clean it first with a stylus brush/fluid, before you spin your next disc.

Edited by Plarocks