PO: Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars (out June 14th)

Hell yeah, I'm so ready for this!

1. Hitch Hikin’
2. The Wayfarer
3. Tucson Train
4. Western Stars
5. Sleepy Joe’s Café
6. Drive Fast (The Stuntman)
7. Chasin’ Wild Horses
8. Sundown
9. Somewhere North of Nashville
10. Stones
11. There Goes My Miracle
12. Hello Sunshine
13. Moonlight Motel

BS_WS_5x5-700x700.jpg

Edited by Vega

12 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Glad someone else posted this, I didn't feel like it. That cover is just gorgeous. I really hope the sound is more Nebraska and Devils and Dust. Very excited for this!

"Bruce Springsteen’s first new studio album in five years takes his music to a new place, drawing inspiration in part from the Southern California pop records of the late ‘60s and early ‘70s. " - This makes me so freakin excited man.

2 minutes ago, Vega said:

"Bruce Springsteen’s first new studio album in five years takes his music to a new place, drawing inspiration in part from the Southern California pop records of the late ‘60s and early ‘70s. " - This makes me so freakin excited man.

Okay, so not as dark and meditative as I'd hoped. Still is probably going to be leaps and bounds over his last two records.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like this is his nod to Roy Orbison. I was hoping this album would be dark and introspective, but it's the complete opposite. I am liking how bright and airy it is. It's almost like he looked at the horse photos while he was writing the album. Seems like it will be a good summer road trip record.

• 4 weeks later...

Received my copy yesterday and gave it a few listens already! I think there are some pretty gems on there, but he should have cut the album down to about 9 or ten songs to make it a little bit tighter. Especially The Wayfarer and Sleepy Joe’s Café need some getting used to for me personally. Chasing wild horses and drive fast are insanely gorgeous though

• 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, jerseypride said:

That's a steal. This is one of the best records he's put out in a while. The complete opposite of a record like Nebraska, but in a good way.