PO NOW: He Is Legend - White Bat

Yo, this has been kicking around in an old topic, so I made a new one for visibility.

Right now the only variant is a non-limited black LP for the price of a small island or yacht. 

Bundles too if you check out their merchnow.

https://spinefarm.merchnow.com/products/v2/290975/white-bat-lp--dd

Hopefully more variants to come, but I doubt it.

So i'm curious if there's gonna be more bundles, when I first selected the vinyl for details there was a suggest item below that showed a bundle that was a black denim jacket with a back patch and record for $83 but it took you back to the main page when you clicked on it and now I'm not even seeing it as a suggested bundle so someone is still working on that site.  I'm holding off on ordering this one for now. too much money for my blood and I'm going to wait to see if they release any other colors/options.

29 minutes ago, MatBishop3000 said:

So, I get (and agree) that $32 is high for a vinyl. But if you go brows new vinyl releases on any major website, they’re all too expensive. I don’t know if it’s the manufacturer upping the prices or if the bands/labels are just taking advantage of the vinyl hype. 

Although this statement is true, I think we're all fairly familiar with the current state of vinyl price gouging. So to assume we didn't take this into account prior to our reactions over the $32 price tag is a bit naive. 

I think we can all agree $31.98 for single LP and standard sleeve/jacket is pretty outrageous even by today's standards. $30+ is normally reserved for 2xLP or at the least 180g LPs in deluxe gatefold jackets with insert/printed sleeve/etc. 

Holding out hope that there's more variants to come and or this was simply an oversight on labels side. 

1 hour ago, nevelsaynevels said:

So i'm curious if there's gonna be more bundles, when I first selected the vinyl for details there was a suggest item below that showed a bundle that was a black denim jacket with a back patch and record for $83 but it took you back to the main page when you clicked on it and now I'm not even seeing it as a suggested bundle so someone is still working on that site.  I'm holding off on ordering this one for now. too much money for my blood and I'm going to wait to see if they release any other colors/options.

The OP link sucks. 

Heres a link to their direct store and the jacket. Not bad for $83. 

https://heislegend.merchnow.com/products/v2/290985/white-bat-lp-03

40 minutes ago, RockPuppetz said:

$30 expensive for an LP? Damn you guys would go insane if you saw the underground hip hop vinyl prices 

This gives me an opportunity to promote this!

Sirius Blvck - Moon Talk | Purple Inside Clear | 104 - available @ https://www.melodicallydeaf.com/melodicallydeafexclusives/md-001

33 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Shit prices know no genre or obscurity.  But yeah, $30 is in fact hot garbage for a single LP.

Yea..... sure $30+ for an LP isn’t unheard of but it’s still ridiculous. I don’t regularly support any label that charges prices like this. Plus wasn’t the other He Is Legend thread recently discussing how they ran off with some of their most diehard fan’s money? Fuck that, steal this record if you wanna hear it (I don’t, don’t ask me why I’m here because I’m as confused as anyone else).

4 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Yea..... sure $30+ for an LP isn’t unheard of but it’s still ridiculous. I don’t regularly support any label that charges prices like this. Plus wasn’t the other He Is Legend thread recently discussing how they ran off with some of their most diehard fan’s money? Fuck that, steal this record if you wanna hear it (I don’t, don’t ask me why I’m here because I’m as confused as anyone else).

I haven’t listened to HIL in over a decade, myself, but couldn’t resist some $30 LP chat.  We technically only have ourselves to blame with all the “$30?  That’s like the cost of a meal at a restaurant.  Who can’t afford that? You cheap or something?  Get a new hobby” line of comments.  But I’m right there with you as far as voting with my wallet and not supporting new releases or labels at that price point, if I can.  I feel gross enough giving into Newbury once a blue moon.

38 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I haven’t listened to HIL in over a decade, myself, but couldn’t resist some $30 LP chat.  We technically only have ourselves to blame with all the “$30?  That’s like the cost of a meal at a restaurant.  Who can’t afford that? You cheap or something?  Get a new hobby” line of comments.  But I’m right there with you as far as voting with my wallet and not supporting new releases or labels at that price point, if I can.  I feel gross enough giving into Newbury once a blue moon.

I feel like its one thing if your a small outfit and your doing a really small run, like I get costs are higher at low volume...

But they are on a legit label, and you see other major labels (Like victory) doing runs of 300 units, with full color inserts and starburst variants and stuff for 18$.

Once you hit basically double that cost for a barebones release, I am out. 

Still super excited for the album though, lol

8 hours ago, Derek™ said:

You should give the new stuff a listen its actually quite good. Different than their first two albums but still enjoyable. This is a band that I never once imagined would still be making albums. 

On 4/26/2019 at 10:38 AM, ethanpricington said:

Although this statement is true, I think we're all fairly familiar with the current state of vinyl price gouging. So to assume we didn't take this into account prior to our reactions over the $32 price tag is a bit naive. 

I think we can all agree $31.98 for single LP and standard sleeve/jacket is pretty outrageous even by today's standards. $30+ is normally reserved for 2xLP or at the least 180g LPs in deluxe gatefold jackets with insert/printed sleeve/etc. 

Holding out hope that there's more variants to come and or this was simply an oversight on labels side. 

Oh, I agree fully. It’s ridiculous. I was just meaning that it shouldn’t be at all surprising. I’ve seen other artists consistently releasing good vinyl at $15-$20. So, it’s clearly possible....but they tryin to max that dollar. 

Edited by MatBishop3000

kinda offtopic but Dodax has "few" for 12,50 Euros and FREE worldwide shipping right now, if anyone is still missing it from the collection like me.

https://www.dodax.de/de-de/musik-cds-dvds-vinyl/classic-rock/he-is-legend-few-dp9QMUSDRVPNE/

(can't wait to buy White Bat for a something similar price in 2021)

Edited by xfactor675

14 hours ago, MatBishop3000 said:

I’ll probably hold off on this one until I get get it cheaper elsewhere. 

This is where I'm at. Considering they still have plenty of copies of FEW left and they haven't released pressing info, I'm assuming it's not limited. Matt Ryan Tobin doing the album art though is a big selling point for me to get the record and see the album insert/layout.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Clayman001 said:

Anyone aware of a UK/EU pre order?

I need it but I'm not really up for forking out £40+ for a US pre order.

Wowhd (the site is part of the ccmusic, importcds, deepdiacount family) has it for 26 and change plus free shipping

https://www.wowhd.co.uk/white-bat/602567948452

19 minutes ago, Clayman001 said:

Cheers. Googled it earlier but this didn’t pop up. Strange that they have it though yet spinefarm don’t 🤔

They are pretty good at preorders. They Usually ship out on or before release day if there is no delay. Also flawless packaging. 

Edited by xfactor675