PO NOW: He Is Legend - White Bat

10 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

Oh I forgot to tell you guys, or maybe I already did. I don’t know, my memory sucks. Anyway, Adam the guitar player was talking to me at the show at the Whiskey and he said they’re working on pressing Suck Out The Poison and I Am Hollywood. Woo!

Really? I asked Matt about it like a month ago and he said they don’t have any rights or access to those records. That it’s completely on solid state if they want to press them,  but that it wasn’t likely. 

4 hours ago, Winterhalo said:

Really? I asked Matt about it like a month ago and he said they don’t have any rights or access to those records. That it’s completely on solid state if they want to press them,  but that it wasn’t likely. 

This would make sense. I’ve always wondered why they haven’t done it sooner. Hopefully one day. Couple of big holes I’d really like to fill.

On 6/22/2019 at 7:28 AM, Winterhalo said:

Haha yeah that’s weird. Yeah this was basically the conversation...

”when are we gonna get Suck Out The Poison on vinyl?”

”we’re working on pressing all the albums actually.”

”oh nice! I remember some people in vinyl collective saying they tried to do it but the label wouldn’t let anyone press the albums.”

”yeah they use to be strict about that stuff but not anymore.”

so I don’t know. Id love them all on vinyl though so I hope it actually happens. 

46 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Ontopic: the record is good but I don't know how they considered "burn all your rock records" as a song worth putting on this. It's pure garbage. 

Haha. I was dubious when I first heard the lyrics but I like it musically. But on first listen it’s probably in the weaker end of tracks. Need to give it some more time though.

4 hours ago, mmhmm said:

Maybe the majors that own these and other T&N/SS albums are making it easier and less expensive to license. Which would be cool.

I know there was some thing where Brandon Ebel sold off the old t&n stuff, but then got some of it back? There’s a full podcast dedicated to t&n / ss called Labeled where they’ve talked about a bunch of that. 

All of the above. The price tag is lame but this album is so good. Definitely the most enjoyable and dynamic album from he is legend in my opinion. Uncanny Valley and The Interloper are so good. The title track and Resister Resist Her are some of my early favorites as well. The booklet and embossed lettering is a nice touch too considering the price tag. It’s also $5 cheaper through amazon at the moment if you have prime. 

Edited by Juturna90