Angels & Airwaves - LP6

“Rebel Girl” premiered on Utah’s x96 today at noon. A user on Reddit recorded the stream, and uploaded it to Dropbox. 

I gotta say, it’s a unique track. Definitely a new direction for the band, yet had the signature Tom/Angels sound. Love the OG Angels guitar toward the end. Stoked for this album!

Edited by beardacus

I really, really adore wdntw and i empire...such incredible albums. Even though i normally love it when bands are changing up their sound I don't know if ilan rubin is such a great influence on ava... Ever since he joined the band and kind of took over the producer role and half of the songwriting the band sounds a little generic to me, the stuff that still sounds unique about them sounds like it comes from tom. If i want to listen to this band i always find myself listening to their first four albums and never to dream walker, but maybe thats just me. But i'm still very intrigued to listen to the whole album.

26 minutes ago, Vega said:

I really, really adore wdntw and i empire...such incredible albums. Even though i normally love it when bands are changing up their sound I don't know if ilan rubin is such a great influence on ava... Ever since he joined the band and kind of took over the producer role and half of the songwriting the band sounds a little generic to me, the stuff that still sounds unique about them sounds like it comes from tom. If i want to listen to this band i always find myself listening to their first four albums and never to dream walker, but maybe thats just me. But i'm still very intrigued to listen to the whole album.

i agree completely. WDNTW and I empire are so good but maybe thats just cause how obsessed i was when they came out. 

i think TDW was good and ilans contributions are mostly good but the stuff can end up sounding a little generic/synthy at times. makes you realize how critical "critter" was as the producer for all the early years.

Tickets on sale Friday, May 3rd at 12pm local time. www.angelsandairwaves.com for details.

09_04 - Phoenix, AZ – Marquee Theatre

09_06 – Austin, TX - Emo's

09_07 – Dallas, TX - HOB

09_09 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade

09_10 – Orlando, FL - HOB

09_11 – Charlotte, NC - The Fillmore

09_13 – Silverspring, MD - Fillmore

09_14 – Philadelphia, PA - Fillmore

09_15 - Boston, MA - Paradise

09_17 – NYC, NY - Playstation Theatre

09_18 - Cleveland, OH - HOB

09_20 - Detroit, MI - St. Andrews

09_21 – Chicago, IL - HOB

09_22 – St. Louis, MO - The Paegent

09_24 – Denver, CO - Summit

09_25 – Salt Lake City, UT - The Union

09_27 - Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo

09_28 - Portland, OR - Roseland

09_30 - San Francisco, CA - Regency Ballroom

10_01 - Los Angeles, CA - Belasco

10_02 – Anaheim, CA - HOB

10_04 - Las Vegas, NV - HOB

10_05 - San Diego, CA – HOB

Edited by ckraus333

13 minutes ago, ckraus333 said:

Tickets on sale Friday, May 3rd at 12pm local time. www.angelsandairwaves.com for details.

09_07 – Dallas, TX - HOB

Definitely getting tickets to that show! Read over the Texas date when I was reading down the list at first and was wondering why in the hell they would skip the area. 

"Their brand new single 'Rebel Girl' is out now - and is the first track off their highly anticipated (and as yet, unnamed) upcoming full-length album and feature film project. You read that correctly - there's not just a full length album on the way, there's also a feature film coming.

The band have also announced their signing to Rise Records, who are home to the likes of Mayday Parade, ISSUES and so many more. Previously their music was released through Tom DeLonge's To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science.

Speaking of 'Rebel Girl', frontman Tom DeLonge has shared “'Rebel Girl' is a space-age love song that combines my enduring obsession for New Wave, pop punk and anthemic rock and roll music... As some of you might’ve heard, I recently took a brief minute to start up an aerospace company, so you never know - I may play this song from a satellite deep in space, beamed toward everyone’s house viciously on repeat.”

That's one small step for man, but one giant leap for pop-punk"

https://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/angels-airwaves-rebel-girl-new-music-tom-delonge

• 1 year later...