PO Soon: Wear Your Wounds - Rust on the Gates of Heaven 7/12/19

Started searching around for any info on this and stumbled upon the distro page for it - releases 7/12/19 on 2xLP.  There's been so much teasing on social media that a pre-order should be dropping very soon.

Wear Your Wounds was created by Converge founder Jacob Bannon. Initially conceived as a solo project, it evolved into a five-piece band that often works with collaborating musicians.

In 2017 Wear Your Wounds released "WYW" (debut double album) and "Arthritic Heart" (a New Noise Magazine single). A live band was then assembled for a number of shows including Roadburn Festival 2017 and Desert Festival UK. Later on that year their "Dunedevil" (an experimental album) was released; a companion piece to Bannon's abstract art book of the same name. In 2018 Wear Your Wounds released their "Live at the BBC" 12" LP at Maida Vale Studio (MV4). That year Wear Your Wounds also played select shows on the East Coast and Europe including an appearance at Roadburn Festival 2018, which was also curated by Bannon.

“Rust on the Gates of Heaven” is the new album from Wear Your Wounds.

The release marks the first time the official lineup of the band; Jacob Bannon (Converge), Mike McKenzie (The Red Chord, Stomach Earth, Unraveller, etc), Adam McGrath (Cave In, Nomad Stones, etc), Sean Martin (Twitching Tongues, ex-Hatebreed, ex-Kid Cudi), and Chris Maggio (ex-Trap Them, ex-Sleigh Bells, etc) have properly written and recorded together. It also features musicians Ben Chisholm (Chelsea Wolfe, White Horse) and Gared O’Donnell (Planes Mistaken For Stars, Hawks and Doves) collaborating throughout.

TRACK LISTING:
01. Mercifully
02. Rust on the Gates of Heaven
03. Paper Panther
04. Tomorrow’s Sorrow
05. Brittle Pillar
06. Truth is a Lonely Word
07. Rainbow Fades
08. Love in Peril
09. Lurking Shadow
10. Shrinking Violet
11. Mercilessly

Listened to WYW last night in anticipation for today’s announcement.  Still so good, and I can’t wait to hear how the new album compares to it.  New single lives up the expectations for sure.  Snagged the pre-order and looking forward to whatever may be revealed in an hour – I imagine a music video and-or an interview / hype blurb would be excellent.

1 hour ago, brandy said:

Hmmmm... Anyone know which is most limited? Pressing info is not shown there...

If it's like the last one the Jacobbannon.com one was the rarest if memory serves. There was also a newbury version that appeared a little afterwards too.

Gotta wait til my work day is done because my work filter has been beefed up and now blocks deathwish eu. Still listened to that song last night and was very happy with what I heard.

14 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Listened to WYW last night in anticipation for today’s announcement.  Still so good, and I can’t wait to hear how the new album compares to it.  New single lives up the expectations for sure.  Snagged the pre-order and looking forward to whatever may be revealed in an hour – I imagine a music video and-or an interview / hype blurb would be excellent.

Was listening to that myself on the way in.