[PO] Tycho – Weather

4 minutes ago, highfives said:

What are the odds that we’ll get an instrumental LP out of this instead of a remix record?

Probably better than we’d think.  I would be into it.  I have a feeling the entire album is going to be structured and stylized in a very tried-and-true, quality Tycho fashion.  I really don’t see them creating a record that crutches entire on vocals, so I imagine an instrumental version would be worth exploring if we get one.

1 hour ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Went with Drift because they had second lowest shipping cost, now I get an email saying ‘sorry we fucked up, we need 6 more pounds for shipping’, making them instantly the most expensive shipping out of all the options, and now everywhere else seems sold out, so beware. 

This Reddit thread lists some other websites where it looks like the Pink may still be available. 

https://www.vinyltap.co.uk/weather-523720

https://truckmusicstore.co.uk/dinked-17-tycho-pre-order/

https://friendlyrecords.co.uk/collections/pre-order/products/tycho-weather-dinked-edition

Edited by Arizona_Is_The_Reason

6 minutes ago, Arizona_Is_The_Reason said:

Jeez. For a preorder supposedly limited to 350 it sure is on like seventeen sites. Thanks for this.

8 minutes ago, Arizona_Is_The_Reason said:

Stranger than Paradise and Truckstore don’t ship to the US.  Friendly only ships tracked airmail that’s £17.50.

I haven’t checked all of them though because I’m on mobile.

4 minutes ago, highfives said:

Stranger than Paradise and Truckstore don’t ship to the US.  Friendly only ships tracked airmail that’s £17.50.

I haven’t checked all of them though because I’m on mobile.

Yeah, half of those are sold out, and somehow while trying to click through to view international postage rates I bought a Dinked edition at truckstore, not realizing til after it's in-store pickup only. Not only is that idea stupid, now I have to ask them to refund me because I live in a different country and can't pick it up. If they don't do international shipping maybe they could say so up front. Now I'm in a whole heap of email garbage, so great.  Dammit Tycho.

23 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Yeah, half of those are sold out, and somehow while trying to click through to view international postage rates I bought a Dinked edition at truckstore, not realizing til after it's in-store pickup only. Not only is that idea stupid, now I have to ask them to refund me because I live in a different country and can't pick it up. If they don't do international shipping maybe they could say so up front. Now I'm in a whole heap of email garbage, so great.  Dammit Tycho.

Vinyltap had it for £8 shipping but that was the only legit one.

7 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Man I thought some cool shit went down fuck yall 

that being said said I dig tycho but can’t say I’ve ever listened to a full album. What’s his best in yalls opinion

I would personally go with Awake.  Not only is it the most consistent, it’s also the shortest and gives you a nice smattering of their styles, new and old.

1 hour ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Lame. Sorry for the trouble!

On reddit, Tycho mentioned releasing more music this year as well so if you’re not vibing this, maybe something down the road will. 

That being said, really don’t care for the vocals, definitely a change for his music as well. Easy has been a grower though

His press release mentions that the new song is different from the Dive, Awake, and Epoch trilogy, so it makes sense that this new album will be a departure from the trilogy as well, both sonically and aesthetically. 

I'm reluctant to the idea of a Tycho album with 5/8 tracks with featured vocals, but with that being said, I'd  wager he's using this as a jump into the more casual mainstream EDM pop audience, and he will be bigger than ever because of it. Those airy breathy coffeeshop vocals are just part of that winning formula lol. I don't blame him at all for this way to find more success. I also think it would make sense if he appeases the long-time fans with instrumental versions too. 

Also a fun tidbit, when I fly for work, occasionally I'll hear them played on the radio inside the Delta planes sometimes when they have that on before or after a flight.

11 minutes ago, JRHews said:

Missed the Pink unfortunately, so went with the Indie Clear.  Haven't had a chance to do anything in the last few days. 

Psst, don’t tell anyone.  But.

That’s actually the best variant so far.

Also available at Bull Moose as of this morning: https://www.bullmoose.com/p/30410103/tycho-weather-colored-vinyl