[PO] Tycho – Weather

2 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

Such a departure visually on the album art but I don’t mind as long as the music holds up. 

It would’ve been really cool if the custom artwork option came with a jacket that had the triangle cut out and the custom artwork showed through that way. Truly a custom 1 of a kind variant. 

The latest single is quite a departure, too, if you haven’t heard it yet.  But as a few others have said, they’ve been teetering on the edge of repetition so I definitely respect them mixing things up, even if it’s outside of my Tycho comfort zone.

I also thought the standard was going to feature a die cut triangle, and that the main art was going to peek through it.  Oh well.

28 minutes ago, whoa said:

is this the signed print like the rest or actually a signed sleeve?

I know record store usually does signed sleeves but all the other signed options i'm seeing are prints.

8 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Yep, sold out as I was checking out. Went with Drift as its seemingly the next cheapest. $31 shipped. Thanks everybody, I should read the thread next time.

Damn, I should have checked for myself. I guess 5$ lost to laziness. Stoked on the variant tho. Agree with everyone that a die cut cover would have been 💯

3 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Much better in my opinion. The other version sounds like any other pop/alternative hit on the radio.

I don’t know if the album will be for you, based off your stance and this e-mail from Scott.  Sounds like her vocals will be fairly present throughout the whole thing unless I’m misinterpreting the context here.

When setting out to record Weather I wanted to finally fulfill what had been a vision of mine since the beginning: to incorporate the most organic instrument of all, the human voice. While developing the initial concepts, I met Hannah Cottrell, aka Saint Sinner, and the vocal component of the album immediately came into focus. Our initial sessions were incredibly productive and I strongly identified with the imagery in her lyrics. Her vision folded effortlessly into mine and her voice integrated seamlessly into the sonic landscape, opening new spaces for me as a songwriter and producer. It has been inspiring working with Hannah’s voice and hearing Tycho evolve into something that I had always hoped it someday would. My philosophy in life is that when you see a path clearly laid out you must follow it to see where it leads. As an artist you have to continuously challenge yourself and evolve to make genuine artistic statements. Looking back it’s clear that every step of the past 18 years has lead to this moment and I couldn’t be happier with the result.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I don’t know if the album will be for you, based off your stance and this e-mail from Scott.  Sounds like her vocals will be fairly present throughout the whole thing unless I’m misinterpreting the context here.

Definitely not a bad song, and the underlying instrumentals are pretty. I have an open mind, and if it doesn't end up being for me I grabbed a Dinked so I'm sure I'll be able to find someone on release that would want it.