[PO] Tycho – Weather

2 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Yup. Dive is the GOAT.

I'm more excited about the new Com Truise than I am this one tbh.

1 week to go.

Dive is my go-to Tycho when I have more time and don’t mind something a bit more reflective than Awake.  It’s really tough for me to pick a favorite between the two.

PIP is a cool debut but I feel like it borrows a little too heavily from BOC at times.  And Epoch is... Epoch.

12 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Psst, don’t tell anyone.  But.

Reveal hidden contents

That’s actually the best variant so far.

Also available at Bull Moose as of this morning: https://www.bullmoose.com/p/30410103/tycho-weather-colored-vinyl

I feel like half my collection is clear. I'm not mad. 

1 hour ago, craigeduk said:

Due to the demand for the Pink Dinked edition the pressing number has been re-negotiated with the label and increased up to 550 instead of 350. So all the stores should have it back up for sale. (It won't increase again).

False advertising and low inventory scare tactics becoming standard practice in this industry. SAD

19 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

Feel free to cancel if you feel so upset

It is probably unfavorable in the long term for consumers to have the mindset that this type of practice is ok. It opens the door for more exploitation of the consumer by businesses who are willing to falsely advertise rather than those that won't. This rewards dishonest businesses and therefore punishes honest ones.

If the only response continues to be:

"You grump - more people will be able to get tha vinylz doe! :)) YAS YAS MOOR PRESSING"

Then I will continue to react negatively to the practice of upping a stated pressing limit after it has sold out.

16 hours ago, Derek™ said:

1 week to go.

Dive is my go-to Tycho when I have more time and don’t mind something a bit more reflective than Awake.  It’s really tough for me to pick a favorite between the two.

PIP is a cool debut but I feel like it borrows a little too heavily from BOC at times.  And Epoch is... Epoch.

Good news, it's not one week but one day! 

19 minutes ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

It is probably unfavorable in the long term for consumers to have the mindset that this type of practice is ok. It opens the door for more exploitation of the consumer by businesses who are willing to falsely advertise rather than those that won't. This rewards dishonest businesses and therefore punishes honest ones.

"You grump - more people will be able to get tha vinylz doe! :)) YAS YAS MOOR PRESSING"

Then I will continue to react negatively to the practice of upping a stated pressing limit after it has sold out.

It really doesn’t bother me at all but I’ve found the best solution is to press more in a different color so that everybody wins.  

55 minutes ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

It's not like they upped it from 350 to 5000, geez. It's a pretty small increase. IIRC the other variant with a known pressing limit is /10000 so this is still an extremely limited variant.

It's also not like there's been additional variants or a "second pressing" announced in the meantime either, which I believe happened with another release earlier this year/late last year (I can't remember the release off the top of my head right now). This has still a preorder that was only announced two days ago.

I understand the general premise of why you don't like it, but on a 0-10 badness scale of pressing  practices I feel like this is maybe a 0.1 at worst. Personally I'd save my anger for stuff like the example I mentioned.

35 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

It really doesn’t bother me at all but I’ve found the best solution is to press more in a different color so that everybody wins.  

Also creates more sales due to variant collectors/completists! Everyone truly wins!

Edited by tape

Pressing a different color/variant (which I support) is completely unrelated to changing a product's features after selling it to people, which is what this practice amounts to. Also irrelevant is the extent of the false advertising - whether they upped the pressing by 10 or 10,000 after advertising and selling it as fewer:

onlzou2w5yfz.gif

14 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Earlier someone mentioned that 5/8 tracks will have vocals on Weather.  Is that hearsay or something confirmed?

That was me. The wiki still says it, but in the "Background" section where it's referenced saying "they have been 'adapted for a bit more of an organic, indie rock template', with vocals from Saint Sinner on five of the album's eight tracks", that linked site on magneticmag.com must've changed because it doesn't mention it anymore... wonder if that has something to do with the initial backlash of vocals on pink & blue... the Tycho guy also made some post on the their facebook page talking about the reactions to that single so maybe something is happening.