[PO] Tycho – Weather

I know he's kind've going in a different direction but i'm bummed he didn't at least illustrate the cover. 

Also i'd recommend anyone looking for something to hold them over til the release check out some of the electronic gems playlists on youtube. Most of it all sounds the same and some are just borderline com truise/tycho knock offs, but if you're ok with that there is an endless amount of good shit.

Descend by Emil Rottmayer is a pretty legit album

Edited by icecream

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

It’s fine but with each passing single I’m realizing more and more that I’d love an instrumental cut of the entire record.

Given he's released the instrumental version for each single, and even called out that this instrumental version has a different arrangement and isn't just without vocals, I feel like we'll see an instrumental LP in the future.  Probably at the same release time the remix/deluxe issues came out for the last couple of albums.

Really loving the vibes of the track, but I very much agree with @Derek™. Need the full instrumental as the compliment to this album. 

Also, with each passing album, I've been hoping he would go back to Awake and Dive soundscapes. If anyone is feeling nostalgic for those Tycho days, check out 'Hello Meteor'. Been loving on them recently, and it's filling the void quite well.

Edited by JRHews

Going to queue that up this afternoon, appreciate the suggestion.

One thing I will say that I admire is that the instrumental takes of these singles are their own animal.  Far too often you see something like “(Instrumental)” after a track title and just assume that’s been stripped down.  I like that these hold their own compositions.  General comment sections of social media seem to dig the minimal approach to vocals as well.  I have no issue at all seeing Scott and the gang explore a new avenue, but it would’ve been cool to get both albums bundled into a gatefold instead of released separately as standalone records.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Showed up today, more of a frosted color than clear. Spinning now, really actually loving the female vocals, I'd listened to Tycho a number of times before but it usually just makes me want to listen to Boards of Canada :D
Production/mix and vinyl mastering are all really good, it's a treat to the ears.

YrNywKg.jpg

dLo5Z0k.jpg

48 minutes ago, bluescreenlife said:

Showed up today, more of a frosted color than clear. Spinning now, really actually loving the female vocals, I'd listened to Tycho a number of times before but it usually just makes me want to listen to Boards of Canada :D
Production/mix and vinyl mastering are all really good, it's a treat to the ears.

YrNywKg.jpg

dLo5Z0k.jpg

Looks great! Love the more frosted look compared to most clears. Pumped I ordered this one! 

Some of these lyrics are pretty questionable but all-in-all this is proving to be a pretty fun listen.  Hardly a Tycho album to my ears — hopefully the instrumental version changes that — but a short, sweet, breezy good time. The closer is peak Tycho though.  Would’ve loved a full record in that vein but I don’t hate what we got instead.

20 hours ago, bluescreenlife said:

YrNywKg.jpg

dLo5Z0k.jpg

waiting on my pink one to make it across the pond. I'm digging that signed Blue Screen Life back there! 

man, i thought this album went full vaporwave but then realized i was listening at the wrong speed for all of side A.

the album should've been called Tycho + Saint Sinner, or under a different alias altogether. was kinda disappointing to see them break the aesthetic of the earlier album designs and add another artist to the album while still under the "Tycho" moniker. seems a little out of place when compared with all their other works.