[PO] Tycho – Weather

1 hour ago, [Banned User] said:

Wasn’t there supposed to be a pure instrumental release of Weather at the end of this summer?

Not exactly.  A reworked version of the album, primarily instrumental.  Not to be confused with a simply instrumental mix of all the tracks.  The first "single" from the album dropped earlier this week, which we were discussing on the last page.  Stress gives you a good idea of how much thought and labor is being put into these reworked versions, especially played back-to-back with No Stress from Weather.

There was never a release date provided for Weather: Reworked – not its official name – but social media posts suggest that it should be released early 2020.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Not exactly.  A reworked version of the album, primarily instrumental.  Not to be confused with a simply instrumental mix of all the tracks.  The first "single" from the album dropped earlier this week, which we were discussing on the last page.  Stress gives you a good idea of how much thought and labor is being put into these reworked versions, especially played back-to-back with No Stress from Weather.

There was never a release date provided for Weather: Reworked – not its official name – but social media posts suggest that it should be released early 2020.

Thanks for clarifying. Makes a lot more sense. 

• 1 month later...

Really enjoying the new track. Echoing what Derek said, not a huge fan of this album cover (or Weather) but excited for pure Tycho (IMO).

Probably will compile the instrumental Weather tracks and the entire Simulcast album into some sort of bloated self referential album with new artwork. Liked a take someone had on reddit with a blue graphic cover, similar to Awake and Epoch, with a sun going below the horizon. Looked just like something Scott would have done.

3 hours ago, SpazzyMcGee said:

Really enjoying the new track. Echoing what Derek said, not a huge fan of this album cover (or Weather) but excited for pure Tycho (IMO).

Probably will compile the instrumental Weather tracks and the entire Simulcast album into some sort of bloated self referential album with new artwork. Liked a take someone had on reddit with a blue graphic cover, similar to Awake and Epoch, with a sun going below the horizon. Looked just like something Scott would have done.

This is a very solid idea, especially since both releases are on the shorter side.  (Weather is even sub-half hour, I’m pretty sure.)  I’d be down to help design some unofficial art.

14 hours ago, Derek™ said:

This is a very solid idea, especially since both releases are on the shorter side.  (Weather is even sub-half hour, I’m pretty sure.)  I’d be down to help design some unofficial art.

Very cool! Here's the one I'm referring to that I'm using now.

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

So yeah... I’m already liking this more than Weather, personally.  Don’t want to jump the gun too soon but I think this may be the closest thing we get to an Awake followup, and that absolutely works for me.

Yeah, this is the album I wanted. 

this plus caribou is a good day.