PO: TORCHE - Admission

1 minute ago, mattycakes said:

I haven't paid much attention to Torche since Meanderthal which I love, should I?

I think the album after that – 2012’s Harmonicraft – is a blast.  It’s aged well for me.  Their last album (Restarter, 2015) is... okay.  I haven’t gotten the mileage out of it that I was hoping for.

32 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I think the album after that – 2012’s Harmonicraft – is a blast.  It’s aged well for me.  Their last album (Restarter, 2015) is... okay.  I haven’t gotten the mileage out of it that I was hoping for.

Yeah I'm definitely in the same boat as you.

Huge fan of this song right off the bat, hope the rest of the record is just as promising. Been missing some good Torche tunes these last few years. The last Floor record was fantastic, too.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Ah, fair enough.  You tend to get in those early listens and I was going to ask what you made of it - especially compared to Restarter.  I haven’t tried that single yet but I’m glad to hear it leaves a good first impression.

I really liked Restarter a bunch but Harmonicraft is still my favorite.  

plus even if I got an early listen of this album it'd be ignored for the time being as I indulge myself into the new Cave In record.

Just now, drewberinger said:

I really liked Restarter a bunch but Harmonicraft is still my favorite.  

plus even if I got an early listen of this album it'd be ignored for the time being as I indulge myself into the new Cave In record.

I really need to give Restarter another listen, it’s been too long.  Not to derail the thread but I guess that new Cave In is doing it for you?  That’s awesome to hear.  Heard some early claims that it’s on the “softer” side of the band’s sound... but considering how it’s the last piece of art Caleb contributed to, I don’t think that’ll detract from its ability to leave an impact at all.  Keen on hearing it in its entirety soon.

26 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I really need to give Restarter another listen, it’s been too long.  Not to derail the thread but I guess that new Cave In is doing it for you?  That’s awesome to hear.  Heard some early claims that it’s on the “softer” side of the band’s sound... but considering how it’s the last piece of art Caleb contributed to, I don’t think that’ll detract from its ability to leave an impact at all.  Keen on hearing it in its entirety soon.

it has some good Jupiter vibes throughout it - it's a beautiful final piece of art 

Meanderthal and Harmonicraft are genius Restarter was meh.

Teaser sounds sick... Being on Relapse I'll pick this up elsewhere if I get around to it later indie exclusive would be nice.

Group Buy Guy actually posting something decent for a change... But still managed to continue the trolling with the follow up post :P

Edited by 2notepockets