(PO Soon) Biffy Clyro - Balance Not Symmetry

Jumping the gun here a little I'm sure but probably not obnoxiously early as it's stated the album drops tomorrow. Imagine tomorrow is digital, physical stuff will surely follow but likely to land when the film comes out.

Directed by Jamie Adams, the movie features 17 new songs from the Scottish band. The soundtrack album of the same name will be released tomorrow (May 17).

Discussing the project, frontman Simon Neil says "On meeting Jamie, we realised early on that we'd both had to deal with grief at a relatively young age and so it was interesting to talk about how we'd both dealt with it and the effect it had on us - and this is the main crux of the film, delving into the lonely world of grief and loss and coming out the other side."

Check out the full tracklist below:

Biffy Clyro - 'Balance, Not Symmetry'

1. ‘Balance, Not Symmetry’
2. ‘All Singing and All Dancing’
3. ‘Different Kind of Love’
4. ‘Sunrise’
5. ‘Pink’
6. ‘Colour Wheel’
7. ‘Gates of Heaven’
8. ‘Fever Dream’
9. ‘Navy Blue’
10. ‘Tunnels and Trees’
11. ‘Plead’
12. ‘The Naturals’
13. ‘Yellow’
14. ‘Touch’
15. ‘Jasabiab’
16. ‘Following Master’
17. ‘Adored’

Filmed in Scotland, the ‘Balance, Not Symmetry’ film "follows American student Caitlin (Laura Harrier) after her father’s funeral, leaving her grieving mother (Kate Dickie) behind to return to her third-year studies at the Glasgow School of Art. There she juggles her grief and end-of-year presentation with meeting a new guy, Rory (Scott Miller), and a rupture in her relationship with her housemate and BFF Hannah (Bria Vinaite). Can she again find balance in her turbulent life?"

The film will be released in the UK on July 26 following its June premiere at the Edinburgh film festival and stars Laura Harrier (BlackKkKsman), Bria Vinaite (The Florida project), Lily Newmark (Pin Cushion), Freya Mavor (The Sense Of An Ending), Tasmin Egerton (The Brothers Grimsby), Kate Dickie (Game of Thrones), Shauna Macdonald (The Descent) and newcomer Scott Miller.

Will update with pre-order links when they go live. Personally hyped that first song is ace.

Preorder is live in the biffy store. Probably live elsewhere like amazon etc. No Variants yet.

https://store.biffyclyro.com/uk/balance-not-symmetry-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-vinyl.html

Edited by Stress On The Sky

Just now, gazzo said:

that shit is weird though 😛 but good.

I like me some weirdness, especially when its Biffy related weird. The other day I had a facebook exchange hassling JP Reid about the final instalment of the Marmaduke Duke trilogy and he said it definitely will happen at some point. So the more obscure unmarketable stuff is very relevant to my interests haha

1 hour ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I like me some weirdness, especially when its Biffy related weird. The other day I had a facebook exchange hassling JP Reid about the final instalment of the Marmaduke Duke trilogy and he said it definitely will happen at some point. So the more obscure unmarketable stuff is very relevant to my interests haha

Still wanna know what happened to that Empire State Bastard thing he was doing with Mike Vennart! Probably just a (hash?) pipe dream at this point...

2 minutes ago, Mattallurgist said:

Still wanna know what happened to that Empire State Bastard thing he was doing with Mike Vennart! Probably just a (hash?) pipe dream at this point...

I mean its not impossible but even after JP said Death Of The Duke will happen I'm not counting on that happening til I'm scraping 40.

Digital downloads have been up since about 12:30 am gmt so for you streamers you should be able to listen. Vinyl is confirmed but the link isnt working yet or maybe its just funny with mobile access. Will update original post once I get it working.

2LP 140gram 26th July 

16 minutes ago, gazzo said:

Sad , but still ordered eventhough i can find it for 15£ cheaper 3 months after

Im a little salty the store confirmation didnt have the digital included because I'm so used to dealing with bandcamp tier bands.

Not fussed about variants or signed versions as ive got a lot of signed biffy on the shelves already. Might have to do some sleuthing n half inch the files. Weird theres no cds on offer too.

7 hours ago, glass realms said:

Looks like Banquet Records are getting this. Most likely Amazon UK will as well. I’ll hold off and get it from Amazon for cheaper shipping.

Yeah in reality its not been advertised as limited in any way so it would have been smarter for me to wait and make a saving but I am a fool when it comes to Biffy 

I've gotta say this album is bloody great. As a long term biffy fan since 2002 this legitimately might be their best work since Puzzle for me. I don't know how this will work in the context of being a score but as a stand alone thing its great. 

My hopes and hype for "Opus 8" are getting out of hand. Apologies for the unnecessary gushy bump but god damn, this thing is infectiously catchy.

• 2 months later...