PO Now: Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind (Out on August 9th)

SLIPKNOT's sixth album does not include the song "All Out Life", which was released last October. The track's accompanying video was also directed by Crahan.

Singer Corey Taylor recently said that "All Out Life"is not representative of the type of music fans can expect to hear on SLIPKNOT's long-awaited new LP. "It's a great tune, it's a heavy tune, but it's not a good representation of the darkness that is involved with the music," he told 95.5 KLOS's Full Metal Jackie. "We are taking some really cool risks musically. We're dipping into some evil we haven't played with in a long time, let's put it that way. It's got little hints of everything we've ever done, but it's got some of the heaviest stuff we've ever done as well."

28 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I am not hating the new songs. Iowa will always be their peak record, but that’s just me. New songs feel like familiar Slipknot and I guess that’s a good thing. 

Ah, Iowa, yes...their drug fueled, wanting to kill each other, Corey almost killing himself album.  Amazing album but they were all in such a bad place. 

Agree'd with the sentiment on Unsainted, way more into it live, seemd to flow better somehow??

Or maybe its just an instinct to the low-production grimey sound of the early albums (which sounded more 'live')

ALSO, Because nobody really looks at the WTB boards....

If anyone is ever interested in letting go of a Vol.3 Subliminal Verses on clear, for a reasonable price or trade... I'm your guy.

Edited by V3XED

On 5/18/2019 at 3:56 AM, pizza face said:

Ah, Iowa, yes...their drug fueled, wanting to kill each other, Corey almost killing himself album.  Amazing album but they were all in such a bad place. 

Yes, remember seeing them in 2002, was hell of a concert, I was pretty glad that tooth was the only thing I lost.

Now both - me and the band - are older, but we mature in different way I guess ;)

• 1 month later...