PO Now: Slipknot - We Are Not Your Kind (Out on August 9th)

Saw these guys last night, damn do they still have it.  Tortilla Head and all.  I won't give out any spoilers, but I suggest catching the tour if you get a chance. Fucking awesome setlist, possibly one of my favorites since '04 when I first saw them.  Minus when they played the full Iowa album a couple years ago, of course.

Vinyl is $29.99 on their site but for what it's worth:

"FREE SHIPPING VALID ON PURCHASES AT SLIPKNOTMERCH.COM BETWEEN  MONDAY, AUGUST 12 AT 12:00 AM ET THROUGH THURSDAY, AUGUST 16TH AT 11:59 PM ET. 

ONLY AVAILABLE TO ORDERS SHIPPED TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. MAY NOT BE APPLIED TO PREVIOUS ORDERS. OTHER EXCLUSIONS MAY APPLY. NO CASH VALUE. FREE SHIPPING WILL AUTOMATICALLY APPLY AT CHECKOUT TO ORDERS THAT QUALIFY.

TOTAL PRICE OF THE ORDER MUST BE EQUAL TO OR HIGHER THAN $30 BEFORE TAX AND SHIPPING FOR FREE SHIPPING TO APPLY."

On 5/16/2019 at 9:47 AM, hyperg1ant said:

New masks, new singles, new PO:

https://slipknotmerch.com/ (the only variant i've seen at the moment)

the OP is doing a poor job with the thread they created.  the OP has a full time job to update their post constantly and list every color variant available and a link with where to get it from as they become known.

Edited by gutterball1

5 minutes ago, gutterball1 said:

the OP is doing a poor job with the thread they created.  the OP as a full time job to update their post constantly and list every color variant available and a link with where to get it from as they become known.

Thanks for the tip, it's updated, chill out.

On 8/9/2019 at 6:51 PM, pizza face said:

I've seen slipknot twice and it was a great time. I believe I saw them in 2004 as well. Was that the tour with lamb of God? 

I'm not 100% sure on years, but spring of 04 they were touring with Fear Factory and Chimaira.  It mustve been later 04, or maybe 05 when they went out with Lamb of God and Shadows Falls.  Slipknot had some killer openers back then...introduced me to some of my favorite bands today, including all mentioned.  Minus Fear Factory, for some reason they never really caught on with me.  

16 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

I usually refuse to listen to new albums front to back till it hits my turn table but I’m getting kinda annoyed that this was released on Friday and my copy is still sitting in pre shipment from the slipknot store

Agreed, I hold off on listening to all singles altogether, if I can help it.  I was able to avoid even hearing All Out Life until last Friday somehow.  

I also attended the Iowa State Fair last Saturday, hooo-leeee shit was that fun.  They also had film crews at the show, and were recording live.  I'm curious what they'll do with the footage.  Hopefully the show gets released in full...  Now this weekend I'm hitting the KC & STL shows, I hope ya'lls are getting out there and catching these guys when they come through your town, you're surely missing out if you're not!!  I love my records (and CDs and cassettes), but this type of music is made for live performances, is it not?? 

There is a limited clear vinyl now in the OT9 fan club store.  Comes with a free signed print if you order in the next few days.  $15 shipping though.  Also, there seemed to be 500 in the store, but not sure if that's the final pressing number.

https://outsidethe9.com/store/wanyk-limited-edition-clear-vinyl-digital-download/

Edited by djghost1976

46 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

There is a limited clear vinyl now in the OT9 fan club store.  Comes with a free signed print if you order in the next few days.  $15 shipping though.  Also, there seemed to be 500 in the store, but not sure if that's the final pressing number.

https://outsidethe9.com/store/wanyk-limited-edition-clear-vinyl-digital-download/

I noticed this is also available from the regular store:

https://slipknotmerch.com/products/wanyk-clear-lp

But without a signed print (only available on OT9 if you order before August 15th)

On 8/9/2019 at 6:51 PM, pizza face said:

I've seen slipknot twice and it was a great time. I believe I saw them in 2004 as well. Was that the tour with lamb of God? 

Think that’s the year I saw them as well. Shadowsfall and Lamb of God were openers. Great show. 

EDIT: And looks like I was beat to the punch. Sorry for the repeat. 

Edited by webdoggy

3 hours ago, webdoggy said:

Think that’s the year I saw them as well. Shadowsfall and Lamb of God were openers. Great show. 

EDIT: And looks like I was beat to the punch. Sorry for the repeat. 

No worries. It was a great show although Clown wasn't at the show I went to in Massachusetts but they still had his gear set up if I can recall correctly. That same show Corey brought up some kid in a wheelchair onto the stage which was pretty fucking awesome of him to do. 

Also, with talks about there being 11 songs from 2008 that never made the album, I wonder if they'll press it for this Black Friday RSD. 

• 7 months later...
2 minutes ago, Satan said:

I mean, I'm intrigued. Good variant AND whiskey?! That's one way to reel me in.

No kidding. I've heard good things about the album, but I stopped listening/ caring after Iowa. Though they're better, they kind of fall with KoRn in my music taste history. I just kind of "grew out" of them. Not to disrespect anyone who likes them. It's still really fun to listen too. Whiskey on the other hand...