Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Audio Setup

I’m looking for a relatively cheap beginner audio setup for my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable. I’m looking to just get a preamp at or around $100 and a set of speakers around $100-$200. I’m just looking for something that will work easily so I can start listening. I plan on upgrading my speaker setup eventually just not now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

The good news is you can get some very decent phono preamps around $100. Schiit Mani will be pretty ideal for your needs.  There are a ton of phono preamps around $100 that will also do the job - relatively straightforward RIAA line level stuff. If you don't go too much cheaper than the $100 pricepoint, you're okay (skip the weird extra-cheap stuff on Amazon).

You'll need active speakers. They seem to be all the rage these days, so there are plenty on the market.  Where are you located? That could help us figure out what might be available.

4 hours ago, Sidney Crosley said:

The good news is you can get some very decent phono preamps around $100. Schiit Mani will be pretty ideal for your needs.  There are a ton of phono preamps around $100 that will also do the job - relatively straightforward RIAA line level stuff. If you don't go too much cheaper than the $100 pricepoint, you're okay (skip the weird extra-cheap stuff on Amazon).

You'll need active speakers. They seem to be all the rage these days, so there are plenty on the market.  Where are you located? That could help us figure out what might be available.

I’m located in the east coast United States.  And thank you for the quick help. I was looking at the Edifier 1850DB bookshelf speakers on Amazon. Do you think they would be adequate for what I need?

I don’t know much about powered speakers but Edifier is a decent company. 

One of the things to think about if you’re going the route of powered speakers (and many do as their first setup) is that if you want to upgrade, most decent speakers about $500 are not active, which will mean you’ll need an amplifier. Depending on how flexible your budget is, and your willingness to buy used, consider picking up an amplifier with a phono input and passive speakers. There are some very amazing passive speakers in the $200-300 range, less if used. There are also lots of amplifiers for about $300 used that will last for a long time and likely not need to be replaced too quickly.  Marantz PM5005 is new for $500 and likely used for $300ish, and that will not need to be quickly replaced.  If you’re going passive, there are tons of speakers like the ones from Q Acoustics or Wharfedale Diamond that pack a solid punch in the $200+ range.