Trill Vinyl - New Music Blog

Hello,

We are new Music Blog that is in progress at this moment, the main theme will be surrounded by Vinyl.

For now, we are focusing only on Instagram, but Website and YouTube channel with animated news/articles are coming soon. Stay tuned.

https://www.instagram.com/trill_vinyl/

Trill /trɪl/ - a quavering or vibratory sound, especially a rapid alternation of sung or played notes.

Greetings, Trill Vinyl Team.

Edited by Trill Vinyl
lapsus lingua

Is this a common thing nowadays, to like design a logo and make a big push to launch an... Instagram account? That fuckin sucks! Putting Wikipedia text over shit you found on Google image search contributes nothing but noise to an Internet landscape already clogged with worthless pablum, and drives traffic to platforms that make the world worse and funnel money to the richest 10 dudes on earth! Go learn how to play drums or build a table or read a book or something! Fuck!

In the late 90s/early 2000s, I started a few mp3 blogs as a non-expert, often-wrong kid who just loved music and building websites. No one told me to fuck off*. No one co-opted my blogging into a larger point about the decline of the scene/society. In fact, I got like hundreds of free CDs from cool labels and learned a TON more about music, met a ton of people whose songs I loved, and had a great time being a wrong, non-expert learning about music as I went along. The point of this post is that the OP should time travel back to 1999 and build Trill Vinyl as a Tripod page with a free cjb.net redirect URL and then today you could be in your 30s/40s and tell the new school of amateur music writers/bloggers to go fuck itself. 😊

*The guy who owns Hush Records did tell me to fuck off. LOL.

Edited by swb

7 minutes ago, swb said:

a Tripod page with a free cjb.net redirect URL

I did exactly this for a bad music blog in the 90s. 

Edit: It was Angelfire. And it still exists in all its Comic Sans horror: http://www.angelfire.com/on2/SmellyFishZine/

Edited by Sidney Crosley

3 hours ago, swb said:

In the late 90s/early 2000s, I started a few mp3 blogs as a non-expert, often-wrong kid who just loved music and building websites. No one told me to fuck off*. No one co-opted my blogging into a larger point about the decline of the scene/society. In fact, I got like hundreds of free CDs from cool labels and learned a TON more about music, met a ton of people whose songs I loved, and had a great time being a wrong, non-expert learning about music as I went along. The point of this post is that the OP should time travel back to 1999 and build Trill Vinyl as a Tripod page with a free cjb.net redirect URL and then today you could be in your 30s/40s and tell the new school of amateur music writers/bloggers to go fuck itself. 😊

*The guy who owns Hush Records did tell me to fuck off. LOL.

I'll be honest with you, it's as much that they're not an established member of the boards and they created this account specifically to shill their instagram and will probably never contribute anything of value to this forum, or had any plans to ever visit it again as the fact that they said Vinyl's instead of vinyl.

edit: but I assume you probably already knew that.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

1 hour ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I'll be honest with you, it's as much that they're not an established member of the boards and they created this account specifically to shill their instagram and will probably never contribute anything of value to this forum, or had any plans to ever visit it again as the fact that they said Vinyl's instead of vinyl.

edit: but I assume you probably already knew that.

I'm just more of a "cringe and shudder inwardly" kind of guy than a "fuck you" kind of a guy. That poster is probably 45 years old and able to fight their own battles but I always imagine naive new people who come on here excited about their silly projects as being 14 years old like I was when I'd post a terribly written review on my mp3 blog and then go google punk message boards to share it on. 😁