PO Soon (5/23): The Appleseed Cast - Fleeting Light of Impermanence

*NO OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE OR COVER ART YET*

PO this Thursday, 5/23, via Graveface Records

"Test acetate approved of the new album by @theappleseedcast! As I’ve said already this is one of the best albums I’ve ever heard, hands down. It’s mental. This will hit indie retail late June and preorders will be up on our site THIS THURSDAY with some options being very limited. Thursday will also be the day we’ll premiere the first single from the record. Pro tip: If I were you I’d join the Graveface Record Club for this before it’s too late as there will be a test pressing version only available to our dedicated subscribers. xoxo"

I find it very weird that there was only word on this new album back in May and we still don't have a cover art, track, or release date yet, but they are already doing a PO. I'm in either way, as I absolutely love everything they've done, but I'm surprised this is so secret and underhyped. 

Edited by JRHews

5 minutes ago, JRHews said:

*NO OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE OR COVER ART YET*

PO this Thursday, 5/23, via Graveface Records

"Test acetate approved of the new album by @theappleseedcast! As I’ve said already this is one of the best albums I’ve ever heard, hands down. It’s mental. This will hit indie retail late June and preorders will be up on our site THIS THURSDAY with some options being very limited. Thursday will also be the day we’ll premiere the first single from the record. Pro tip: If I were you I’d join the Graveface Record Club for this before it’s too late as there will be a test pressing version only available to our dedicated subscribers. xoxo"

I find it very weird that there was only word on this new album back in May and we still don't have a cover art, track, or release date yet, but they are already doing a PO. I'm in either way, as I absolutely love everything they've done, but I'm surprised this is so secret and underhyped. 

They hit the studio in late January. Still a very quick turn around but I suppose if Graveface was on the ball and focusing most of their efforts on this then it’s doable.

The little snippets of new songs floating around have me so excited, it sounds like that classic AC sound mixed with a little Disintegration-era Cure. Which is 100000% my shit. Hopefully I'm at least close in my head - but the amount of hyping up Graveface are giving it has me a little giddy too. 

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

I’ve been waiting for this for years.  Did you guys know Illumination Ritual was written in 3 months and recorded in 3 days? The band knows how to hustle when they crawl out of hibernation.  This is going to be immense, and I’m giddy to have already secured tickets to see them in a few months.

I’m seeing them on Thursday and am VERY excited. I get to throw my money at the computer screen and watch them play on the same day!

34 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

I really loved the line-up on Illumination Ritual, Nathan was amazing on drums. Bummed there is a new crew, but Appleseed Cast never disappoints. I'm really excited to hear this.

Didn’t know this until recently but for IR, apparently Crisci was the only “founding” member of the band left.  They haven’t really had a set band lineup since Two Conversations, and ironically every album after that one - with various members dipping in and out - have been gold.  I think it lends itself to their ability to write a variety of good tunes with Crisci at the helm.  Dude knows his stuff.

13 hours ago, Dougie Jones said:

Saw them with mewithoutyou and CURSIVE recently. Great sets all around. Pretty excited for new stuff

Same here , 4 new songs were great and "Song 3" from Peregrine

Chris knows how to find drummers (or maybe they find him) with virtually identical styles. Nathan was great on the Caspian tour in 2016 - he was definitely in his own "zone."