PO Now: Knocked Loose - A Different Shade of Blue (Out August 23rd)

59 minutes ago, gazzo said:

hope one day they will release instrumental versions. I really like the music , but after trying a dozen times, those vocals ruin everything. And I'm not the first to say and it ain't gonna change, I know

you probably just don't like dogs... 

"If there's any red covers left in Madison, I'm grabbing 1 (one) for myself"

wait wait wait youre not gonna buy everyone on VC a copy? dick move, man.

out of curiosity, how many times has the "pls pick me up dis" post worked for people on here?

It cant be anywhere near as often as the posts are made (and made again a few days later by the same people in the same thread sometimes)

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

9 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

out of curiosity, how many times has the "pls pick me up dis" post worked for people on here?

It cant be anywhere near as often as the posts are made (and made again a few days later by the same people in the same thread sometimes)

Every time someone asks for a pickup, a flipper gets another copy.

3 minutes ago, rundmcc said:

Every time someone asks for a pickup, a flipper gets another copy.

Now that's fuckin funny.

I get wanting a limited variant but like.. isn't it "cheating" to have someone pick you up a tour variant then mail it out? All my tour variants I've dragged my lazy go to bed at 9pm ass out the damn house and bought it at the show.

7 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Now that's fuckin funny.

I get wanting a limited variant but like.. isn't it "cheating" to have someone pick you up a tour variant then mail it out? All my tour variants I've dragged my lazy go to bed at 9pm ass out the damn house and bought it at the show.

I want to complete the collection without having to travel to a release show. That’s 10+ hours of driving.... they’re touring here so I’ll get the tour variant hopefully. Going to end up just paying a flipper for the red cover anyway lolllll

8 minutes ago, Daltonhartman12 said:

I want to complete the collection without having to travel to a release show. That’s 10+ hours of driving.... they’re touring here so I’ll get the tour variant hopefully. Going to end up just paying a flipper for the red cover anyway lolllll

I don’t understand variant collecting either, especially not a release like this where it’s so overboard. What’re you gonna do with 16 copies of an album? 

but that’s just me 🤷‍♂️

I've picked up tour copies for people, but it's usually people I have a thread relationship with, like in the stoner/doom thread. Noobs who come on here asking for the hookup usually are just SOL.  I think that when we help other members who've been around a while and contribute to the boards, it creates a better community.

I wish Knocked Loose would play closer to me. I'd drive to Sacto, but I'm not paying for a festival Bignamecrapbands ticket to see them.

5 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

I don’t understand variant collecting either, especially not a release like this where it’s so overboard. What’re you gonna do with 16 copies of an album? 

but that’s just me 🤷‍♂️

I think it’s more about supporting a favorite band rather than actually having a practical use for all the copies. 

9 minutes ago, underwaterzoo said:

I think it’s more about supporting a favorite band rather than actually having a practical use for all the copies. 

This I can wrap my head around, for sure.

I guess my confusion lies with people who need ALL the variants for ALL the releases just on some weird principle. All that says to me is hey I have lots of cash and free time. Seems excessive, BUT... what part of this dumbass hobby isn't?

1 hour ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

I guess my confusion lies with people who need ALL the variants for ALL the releases just on some weird principle. All that says to me is hey I have lots of cash and free time. Seems excessive, BUT... what part of this dumbass hobby isn't?

i generally only do a vc for bands that i truly want to show support for, not for some internet clout showing off that i've had the money and free time. most of the time i don't have the money and decide to spend everything on supporting bands. other times, i'll only do a vc for one album from a band. it just depends.

but yeah, there definitely are some people out there that get pretty excessive and vc just for the reason to show off that they can afford to do this.

2 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

I VC for two bands and can tell you that they’re two of my very favorites and I 100% do not have lots of cash 😂