OUT NOW BUY IT - Strange Ranger - Remembering The Rockets (7/26/19)

46 minutes ago, corey. said:

In Indy? I just found out about that show and was trying to find someone to host spirit - I totally would've been at that show if I had known sooner than the day of. and could've met you!

Yea! At the show now, they just played and were really good. They played Leona, Sunday and Planes in Front of the Sun from the new album as well as Seesaw and a couple other tracks from Daymoon.  Anyone who likes Daymoon won’t be disappointed in any of those new tracks, they went in pretty hard on Planes. Tyler Bussey former of TWIABP is playing with them currently and he added a nice flair.

4 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Yea! At the show now, they just played and were really good. They played Leona, Sunday and Planes in Front of the Sun from the new album as well as Seesaw and a couple other tracks from Daymoon.  Anyone who likes Daymoon won’t be disappointed in any of those new tracks, they went in pretty hard on Planes. Tyler Bussey former of TWIABP is playing with them currently and he added a nice flair.

Oh nice, I know Tyler. Damn, I really wish I had known about this show. The only reason I found out this show existed was cause today, literally, I was asked to host one of the bands but I live a couple hours from Indy. haha bummerrrrrrr

Edited by corey.

3 minutes ago, corey. said:

Oh nice, I know Tyler. Damn, I really wish I had known about this show. The only reason I found out this show existed was cause today, literally, I was asked to host one of the bands but I live a couple hours from Indy. haha bummerrrrrrr

I came in from Louisville. Strange Ranger’s van broke down and they barely made the show. Would’ve been cool to meet up!

4 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I’ll be back on Saturday for Basement and Nothing!

I feel bad blowing up this thread with our conversation at this point lmao - But I actually gotta pick up my gf from the airport Saturday but I didn't realize you came to Indy so often. You'll have to come to a Fort Wayne show sometime, that's where I am and I book some of the cooler shows here. 

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Got this whole joint in my inbox last night. Lovin it! If you didn’t check out after Daymoon I can’t see you being disappointed. Probably not gonna win back any Rot Forever holdouts.

I was wondering why I got a bandcamp email about this being available. Probably still have to wait til it's up on spotify to check it out but as a Daymoon fan I'm hype as fuck.

Been listening to a ton of SF/SR this last week, super excited for this. Wish they were coming closer to me during a time I'd be in town so I could see 'em cuz all my friends already have.

Still need a copy of Rot because I'm an idiot and didn't buy one when someone posted a link to it like three years ago, though.

49 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Been listening to a ton of SF/SR this last week, super excited for this. Wish they were coming closer to me during a time I'd be in town so I could see 'em cuz all my friends already have.

Still need a copy of Rot because I'm an idiot and didn't buy one when someone posted a link to it like three years ago, though.

You fool!

3 minutes ago, DiscoJon said:

These guys are a thing? I saw them last month at the Volume Festival in Spokane.  Maybe 30 people in the room tops.

I've never seen anyone outside of VC talk about them aside from like one surprising isolated incident, but I'm glad they're talked about here or I never would've found 'em 

5 hours ago, DiscoJon said:

These guys are a thing? I saw them last month at the Volume Festival in Spokane.  Maybe 30 people in the room tops.

You caught us red-handed – these guys are definitely not a thing.  The Tiny Engines pre-order page was just a ruse and we’ve all been horsing around, pretending that the singles exist.  Props on being so astute; I wish more people were aware that bands need at least 50 attendees at a festival before they can be considered more than figments of our imagination.  The ol’ festival popularity golden rule.

9 hours ago, DiscoJon said:

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say assessing DIY bands by their (small) festival draw is akin to judging racecars by their highway mileage.