OUT NOW BUY IT - Strange Ranger - Remembering The Rockets (7/26/19)

Pete’s Hill is a great track but does the acoustic guitar (strongly) remind anyone else of Sun Kil Moon’s Ben’s My Friend?  Thankfully Strange Ranger do way more with the track but that intro instantly makes me think of sports bar shit and blue crab cakes.

Album as a whole continues to deliver.

This album slaps. 

Also, is Shitty Rambo still a mod here? He must have added me on Facebook at some point, kind of like how my senile grandma just adds random people they don’t know too well. Is he a closet homophobe, or is he a piece of shit here too? This edgy status popped up on my news feed and got me thinking about this place:

“I have 3 daughters, but I'm hopeful one of them will have a son I can take shooting/ fishing when they're older. Of course, I'm assuming being a heterosexual male in California will still be legal by then. You never know with this state.”

The small talk thread must be gone, so I had to find a thread for an album I’ve been really into recently so I could at least be somewhat on topic. 

Edited by parkinglot

20 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Pete’s Hill is a great track but does the acoustic guitar (strongly) remind anyone else of Sun Kil Moon’s Ben’s My Friend?  Thankfully Strange Ranger do way more with the track but that intro instantly makes me think of sports bar shit and blue crab cakes.

Album as a whole continues to deliver.

Finally getting around to listening to this album and Pete's Hill just came on. I was fully expecting some sports bar shit later on.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This band has lost me so hard.  RTR was the last record of theirs I think I actually jived with.  Tough to accept that was 4 year ago.

With each passing release these last few years, it’s becoming increasingly obvious that they captured lighting in a bottle with Rot Forever. 😕

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

This band has lost me so hard.  RTR was the last record of theirs I think I actually jived with.  Tough to accept that was 4 year ago.

With each passing release these last few years, it’s becoming increasingly obvious that they captured lighting in a bottle with Rot Forever. 😕

With you. I saw that this was coming out and was pretty amped. Then I remembered there was another album that came out that I didn't give a hoot about between RtR and this.

I think the last release (the mixtape) was them finding their feet with  more electronic sounds to work well, but it came across massively padded and lacking any real depth, should've just ducked out all the useless fiddling about/noise and made a solid EP instead. Sounds like they've got it dialed though, hope they can bring back the RtR vibes but pushing their sound forward. I like the single, but not an instant PO for me, but will see how everything works together as a whole.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...