OUT NOW BUY IT - Strange Ranger - Remembering The Rockets (7/26/19)

v600_TE197_StrangeRanger_hi_res_5x5.jpg

Buy It Now!

Track Listing

1. Leona - Listen Now
  2. Sunday
  3. Your Dog
  4. athens, ga
  5. Message To You
  6. Nothing Else To Think About
  7. rockets
  8. Ranch Style Home
  9. Pete's Hill
  10. Beneath The Lights
  11. Planes In Front of the Sun
  12. '02
  13. Living Free
  14. Cold Hands Warm Heart

Pressing Information

First Pressing (Vinyl): 
250 Clear w/ Opaque Pink Swirl (mailorder exclusive) 
350 White 
400 Opaque Orange w/ Opaque Red Swirl

First Pressing (Cassettes): 
75 Blue & Gray Tint (band exclusive) 
100 Light Pink 
125 Red Solid

Edited by dantheriver

Just now, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

if Daymoon / their band name change hadn't been been such disappointments, this would be an instant order. Rot Forever remains impeccable

You’re not wrong there.  Sioux Falls > Strange Ranger, for sure.  But I haven’t been disappointed with anything they’ve put out, even if it’s not up to the same caliber of Rot Forever.  That’s a tall order to fulfill.

Rot Forever is insanely good but I'm a big fan of Daymoon and the EPs as well.  New song is great.  Seeing them tonight with The Spirit of the Beehive, hopefully it goes better than the last time I saw them when it was basically just myself and the local opening band at the gig.  They cut that set short as fuck and I can't say that I blamed them.

1 hour ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

if Daymoon / their band name change hadn't been been such disappointments, this would be an instant order. Rot Forever remains impeccable

I mean, do you not see the name change as a way to let you know that they’re different band? By that, they create new music. 

Of course Rot Forever is amazing, but what they’ve done as Strange Ranger is great too, just a different band. 

1 minute ago, MyEnemy said:

I mean, do you not see the name change as a way to let you know that they’re different band? By that, they create new music. 

Of course Rot Forever is amazing, but what they’ve done as Strange Ranger is great too, just a different band. 

Pretty sure they said the changed it due to "backlash" over Sioux being in the title, despite Sioux Falls being the name of a town (thanks, p.c. idiots). They also said their sound after Rot Forever would be different. Regardless, my main point was about Daymoon not being anything special, and Rot Forever being very special.

10 minutes ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

Pretty sure they said the changed it due to "backlash" over Sioux being in the title, despite Sioux Falls being the name of a town (thanks, p.c. idiots). They also said their sound after Rot Forever would be different. Regardless, my main point was about Daymoon not being anything special, and Rot Forever being very special.

I jokingly said that their name-change was offensive to rangers worldwide and someone on Facebook told me to check my privilege and called me a piece of shit.  Amazing fanbase.

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Daymoon is def special. Just different. If the last ep is any indication their Rot Forever sound can easily show up again, that 4th track hits just as hard as anything they've done.

Seems pretty unlikely we’ll get much of that on this one: http://tinyengines.limitedrun.com/bands/strange-ranger

Will deffo have to check this one out. Still sore I was too late to the party to get Rot Forever at release. I mean @mesi has one for a decent price on discogs but I keep chickening out. Rarelimiteds has a much more gapey price point, fuck that dude.

Daymoon was really solid I see they have this one and that one bundled for $32 but the postage is $29 so all in that's £48 n that's just shy of what Rot Forever on its own would cost me before postage. Argh! Fuck this hobby!

Edited by Stress On The Sky

27 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Upon listening to that track I'll deffo need to hear more before I put any money down on this.

Based on the new band bio and the fact that it’s actually an older song (been around since at least 2017, they played it at Audiotree live back then) there’s really no telling what this album will sound like.  I don’t blame anyone for being hesitant. 

13 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Based on the new band bio and the fact that it’s actually an older song (been around since at least 2017, they played it at Audiotree live back then) there’s really no telling what this album will sound like.  I don’t blame anyone for being hesitant. 

I mean its not a bad track by any stretch it's just not floating my boat. It's an odd one to put out first if it's an older track and there's also always the chance this may not be representative of everything on the album. If I hear the rest and like it I won't be bummed out about missing a variant.

2 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I mean its not a bad track by any stretch it's just not floating my boat. It's an odd one to put out first if it's an older track and there's also always the chance this may not be representative of everything on the album. If I hear the rest and like it I won't be bummed out about missing a variant.

The least limited variant is poised to be the most aesthetically pleasing one anyways. 

10 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Rot Forever is insanely good but I'm a big fan of Daymoon and the EPs as well.  New song is great.  Seeing them tonight with The Spirit of the Beehive, hopefully it goes better than the last time I saw them when it was basically just myself and the local opening band at the gig.  They cut that set short as fuck and I can't say that I blamed them.

In Indy? I just found out about that show and was trying to find someone to host spirit - I totally would've been at that show if I had known sooner than the day of. and could've met you!

Edited by corey.