PO NOW : Chelsea Wolfe - Birth of Violence (09/13)

• 1 month later...

The LP arrived today. I won’t be able to listen to it until tonight. Between the early songs and cover art this album has been underwhelming so far. Nothing really stuck with me. I’m interested in giving the full album a run through though. Some of her stuff took a few listens to click with me, so I’m hoping that is the case here.

Wow, I guess she’s really fallen off on this board.  After a couple of listens I think it’s better than I thought it would be, but it’s still lacking...  something compared to earlier albums. There are some cool parts in songs but no songs stick with me yet. Sound quality on my nice setup was good, and seemed better suited to cut through the super dense production of the last few albums. 

The album is great, but it is definitely a departure from Pain is Beauty / Abyss / Hiss Spun, really a throwback to her work before those albums.

Prior to Pain is Beauty she was on my radar but never really grabbed me.  Since becoming a fan I've come around to love her earlier work as well, but it's an entirely different vibe.

I'm sure it'll be a grower for me, but yeah I wasn't excited by anything out of the box.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I’ve been listening to this album a lot lately and (obviously) have really come around on it. I really like it. There are definitely a few tracks that would make it on a personal “Best of” and not one I skip. 

my LP sounded good and had no pressing issues. I got one of the red galaxy from Sargent House.

23 hours ago, kannibal said:

I’ve been listening to this album a lot lately and (obviously) have really come around on it. I really like it. There are definitely a few tracks that would make it on a personal “Best of” and not one I skip. 

my LP sounded good and had no pressing issues. I got one of the red galaxy from Sargent House.

really great mastering job, dynamite sounding record and no issues on the indie red either. I'm not surprised the mastering engineer has done great work for Daughters, Austra, Mars Volta, Bjork, Hotelier and many other highly praised albums on these forums