Sleater Kinney - The Center Won't Hold (8/16)

Hmm....Not really feeling this song much. This defintely has a Annie Clark vibe(who I think is awesome) but not into this synth type stuff for SK.

I will be very interested after the lyrics from this song to see how the theme of the album is. The new Filthy Friends album didnt told up very much for me based on alot of the lyrics

Edited by youspinmeround

2 hours ago, Roandy55 said:

Just noticed the band mentioned in a tweet on 30 May that the 7" is limited. Early days possibly but I can't find it currently listed by any retailers at the moment, either in the US or the UK.

I've asked my local store and they have been told by their label rep that the 7" is a direct to customer exclusive.  But they expect there will be a deluxe version of the album that will probably include it. So I'm holding off ordering.

17 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

I've asked my local store and they have been told by their label rep that the 7" is a direct to customer exclusive.  But they expect there will be a deluxe version of the album that will probably include it. So I'm holding off ordering.

So pretty much confirms it.  Would be interesting to know the pressing number for the 7", but have a feeling it's probably not very limited. Would like to hear the album before ordering.

Rough Trade UK have a black heavyweight vinyl with a bonus 7" and sticker sheet.  The cream looks to be a store exclusive, however they don't mention any bonus 7".

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/sleater-kinney/sleater-kinney-the-center-won-t-hold/lp

Edit: The black/cream is also available at recordstore.co.uk who are claiming an exclusive.

https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/recordstore/The-Center-Won-t-Hold-Black-Cream-Colored-Vinyl/66800000000

Edited by Roandy55
Additional info