PO: Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana

bandana.jpg

https://www.rappcats.com/shop/bandana/

RAPPCATS EDITION: Two records – the LP and a bonus LP – individually packaged in two different sleeves. The bonus LP is the original Madlib Invazion version of the album cut to vinyl early this Spring. The album was ultimately changed for the final release. While the actual track list remains the same, there are distinct differences between the two versions. The Rappcats Vinyl Edition can be looked at as Madlib’s “Director’s Cut.” This record and its unique sleeve are exclusive to Rappcats and will not be repressed. The two records will be shipped separately: the bonus LP will ship on June 28; the standard LP is expected to ship by July 26th.

2 hours ago, Charles Barkley said:

Gotta snag that 2 LP.  60 is a bit more than I would like to spend, but I’m a sucker for Gibbs. Anyone know how many of the deluxe are being made? I want to say Shadow of a Doubt had like 500?

Shadow of a doubt alternate artwork/white label was /300. Or /15 if you got the test press ;)

Really debating this 2LP situation though, it doesn't sound like much of a difference other than a different vinyl cut and alternate artwork of the exact same album. But my Gibbs collection is pretty wild so I have mixed feelings haha

Edited by corey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, teakay said:

So the Bonus LP ships a month before the actual album?

kind of odd?

Not really, because it's the exact same album just a different vinyl cut that Madlib did earlier this year, probably for himself / under his own label. The only difference that will be blatantly noticeable to the average person is the artwork / jacket

Also, the only way you could have the "bonus" LP shipped to you a month early is if you ordered it before June 19th