PO: Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

kinda sad that it’s 2019 and people still can’t stop referring to music in terms of “slapping” 

this a gen z thing ?? :rolleyes:

This post simultaneously tries to stereotype it as something that "still" happens (as though it's an old phrase) and something that's exclusive to a new generation. Damn dude, if you're gonna be weird about the way people enjoy the music, at least talk about the music rather than how I worded my enjoyment of it.

14 minutes ago, SaviorSelf said:

Education and Palmolive are the two standouts for me. The singles he released also.

I like the album after a couple listens but Pinata will be hard to top. 

Vocals are mixed really weird to me

What’s bugging me is that I wish there were more features, as that’s one of the things that I liked about Piñata. However, who he did manage to get on the album kill it. I was wondering how old that Pusha T verse was since it seems very Daytona(ish). 

1 hour ago, Charles Barkley said:

What’s bugging me is that I wish there were more features, as that’s one of the things that I liked about Piñata. However, who he did manage to get on the album kill it. I was wondering how old that Pusha T verse was since it seems very Daytona(ish). 

Definitely, I read that it took the label a year just to clear all the samples.

54 minutes ago, SaviorSelf said:

Saw them perform last night at MoMA PS1.

Madlib was drunk as hell, kind of kept messing with the beats too much and Freddie would have to finish the verse acapella and end songs early. 

Opened with Crime Pays and encored with Crime Pays. 

Also played Thuggin twice.

exact same deal at the album release show in LA. it was entertaining at first but painful as the night went on.

madlib was so drunk that he would stop bandana songs to play something random “he liked” and Freddie would stop rapping and just stare or yell at him. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
20 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

gone.  those who are curious - this is limited 50 and apparently the definitive mastering of this album that will never go into commercial production.

Mastered by Bernie Grundman and pressed at Optimal.

• 1 month later...