PO: Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures 40th anniversary

https://store.neworder.com/uk/unknown-pleasures-40th-anniversary-limited-edition-red-vinyl.html

A limited edition 40th anniversary version of Unknown Pleasures will be released on June 14th, almost forty years to the day after it was originally released. The LP will be pressed on 180g ruby red vinyl with an alternative white sleeve resembling the original design idea.spacer.png

ps. looks like you don't need to spend extra money like i did when i just clicked on the link from a New Order email, you can save money and buy it domestically. oops.

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/joy-division-unknown-pleasures-180g-colored-vinyl-vinyl-lp

Edited by hainspoint

1 hour ago, unknown pleasures said:

If this “Joy Division” band makes good on their name with an album full of upbeat, cheery, feel-good tunes then I’m sure I’ll love it...

Apparently it's a reference to the name of the gaggles of prostitutes that Nazis used to keep around. Sounds like a tough place to be.

4 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Wow, that’s very impressive! Their first releases must have been on mp3 or maybe even the timeless compact disc format. Way before vinyl was invented by a team of scientists at Urban Outfitters in late 2006. 

Very impressive indeed.  But the Strokes beat them to the punch for edgy punk/indie sounds. 

20 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

Could it be anymore obvious they listened to a lot of Interpol? May as well be their tribute band...

EDIT: I have no idea when Interpol started. 

Damn you beat me to the interpol reference lol.

So this release is just 'same same, but different'?  I think I'll hold out and wait for the 50th anniversary release...

1 hour ago, floyd_z said:

Damn you beat me to the interpol reference lol.

So this release is just 'same same, but different'?  I think I'll hold out and wait for the 50th anniversary release...

All kidding aside, I think the most interesting thing about this release is the original black on white sleeve. I mean, of course I’m going to throw my money at it because Joy Division! but it’s pretty underwhelming  for a special anniversary release. 

Yeah it is interesting.  i do love Joy Division, but don't really see the point in having this.  Why not repress 'An Ideal for Living' or something.

I guess I'm kind of getting annoyed with all these 'Anniversary Editions'  (from everyone, not Joy Division)  5 year, 10 year, 15 year anniversary.  Seems like a cash grab. 

20 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

Yeah it is interesting.  i do love Joy Division, but don't really see the point in having this.  Why not repress 'An Ideal for Living' or something.

I guess I'm kind of getting annoyed with all these 'Anniversary Editions'  (from everyone, not Joy Division)  5 year, 10 year, 15 year anniversary.  Seems like a cash grab. 

Totally agree, but I'm grabbing this one anyways as my only other copy is a uk first press which i don't play much. They did An Ideal for Living for rsd 4 or 5 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, iameasytofind said:

any info on pressing number and overall quality?

Mine just shipped from Amazon but won't have it until Monday. Amazon is showing it backordered for now but this seems readily available  at a lot of other places so in guessing it is a pretty large pressing. I've never heard the 07 remaster that this is sourced from to know how good that sounded.