QOTSA - Lullabies to Paralyze 1st Press and EODM - Peace Love and Death Metal 1st Press

45 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

You can fix most warps. Lay it flat under a pile of books and forget about it or make friends with someone with a vinyl flat

I have a vinyl flat, it works great. It does take some experimentation though with times and heat to get the hang of it. As long as you're cautious about the time, you won't ruin any records. 

54 minutes ago, mrdoctor said:

Peace, Love and Death Metal is the limited pink edition! Anyone else got that one?

Well our favorite flipper rarelimiteds seems to have listed one of each color on discogs so they must have sent both out. I just got mine last night and haven't opened it yet. Will do right after work. But I bought mine when the second batch went up so I'll bet it is black.

1 minute ago, fish said:

Well our favorite flipper rarelimiteds seems to have listed one of each color on discogs so they must have sent both out. I just got mine last night and haven't opened it yet. Will do right after work. But I bought mine when the second batch went up so I'll bet it is black.

I got one with the first batch, so you're probably right. Yeah, he's not the only one flipping these on Discogs, I've seen way too many "sealed" copies appearing overnight... Shame really.

Has vinyl become mainstream enough that I can submit a network pilot for an "Odd Couple" like pair of roommates? They'd be a pair of twentysomething males in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Both would buy records but one would do it for the love of the music while the other is a "no-good flipper." The opening credits would show them flipping through dusty stacks of vinyl, one unearthing a rare Velvets acetate while heart symbols appear over his head, the other coming across something equally rare with dollar signs above his. There'd be a scene in line at RSD where the one guy is working on his want-list and looking forward to spinning his new purchases later that day while the flipper is paying off homeless dudes with booze to hold his place in line at Rough Trade and Academy. A running joke would be that our purist has an amazing turntable setup costing a small fortune while the flipper doesn't even own a record player, and in fact doesn't even know how to play one.

I'm thinking 9:00pm on Thursdays.

8 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Has vinyl become mainstream enough that I can submit a network pilot for an "Odd Couple" like pair of roommates? They'd be a pair of twentysomething males in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Both would buy records but one would do it for the love of the music while the other is a "no-good flipper." The opening credits would show them flipping through dusty stacks of vinyl, one unearthing a rare Velvets acetate while heart symbols appear over his head, the other coming across something equally rare with dollar signs above his. There'd be a scene in line at RSD where the one guy is working on his want-list and looking forward to spinning his new purchases later that day while the flipper is paying off homeless dudes with booze to hold his place in line at Rough Trade and Academy. A running joke would be that our purist has an amazing turntable setup costing a small fortune while the flipper doesn't even own a record player, and in fact doesn't even know how to play one.

I'm thinking 9:00pm on Thursdays.

Don’t forget that the flipper also has a gape fetish and isn’t allowed within 100 yards of playgrounds or elementary schools.  If you can word that in there, that’s quality television.