[PO] (SANDY) ALEX G-- HOUSE OF SUGAR

House of Sugar - (Sandy) Alex G’s ninth overall album and his third for Domino - is a highly meticulous, cohesive album: a statement of artistic purpose, showing off his ear for both persistent earworms and sonic adventurism.

spacer.png

Pre-order and receive an instant download of Gretel now.
Comes with an MP3 and WAV download card. 

TRACKLISTING

1. Walk Away

2. Hope

3. Southern Sky

4. Gretel

5. Taking

6.Near

7. Project 2

8. Bad Man

9. Sugar

10. In My Arms

11. Cow

12. Crime

13. Sugar Hour (Live)

BONUS 7"

1.Gretel (Solo)

2. Sugar House (Solo)

3. Fell (Live at the Headroom)

https://www.dominomusic.com/releases/sandy-alex-g/house-of-sugar/exclusive-limited-lp

Edited by Charles Barkley

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Dojo Daniel said:

it is going to be more divisive than Rocket was

i guess ultimately time will tell but i'm curious what prompted you to think this!

i feel like Rocket was criticized, especially among more longstanding fans, for indulging too much in "country" stylings and for meandering a lot in the arrangements. this one feels way more forceful and cohesive of a statement, and more of a synthesis of his older stuff standards with his newer experimental direction towards country & heavy electronica. but maybe you have a different perspective.

32 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

i guess ultimately time will tell but i'm curious what prompted you to think this!

i feel like Rocket was criticized, especially among more longstanding fans, for indulging too much in "country" stylings and for meandering a lot in the arrangements. this one feels way more forceful and cohesive of a statement, and more of a synthesis of his older stuff standards with his newer experimental direction towards country & heavy electronica. but maybe you have a different perspective.

I agree, I thought Rocket was divisive when it can out due to the different styles/experimentation within that album. 

10 hours ago, copelandkid said:

It's funny, as a newer fan (started listening around Beach Music), I was initially far more drawn to the that album than any other, and when Rocket came out I was a huge fan but even then recognized that it was a step forward/away in production, direction, etc. from his older stuff. Having said that, I've been making my way through his back catalogue over the last year and I find myself loving Trick/DSU - would love it if this album was a mix of the old and new.

I didn’t fully pay attention until a year or so ago after I saw him live. I *love* the live versions of his songs. He hasn’t captured that on any studio record so far but, from that catalogue, I dig Trick/DSU/Rules the most. Beach Music and Rocket have maybe more ‘mature’ songwriting but it’s not as consistent or interesting to me.