Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication 20th Anniversary Picture Disc

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER...PURCHASE NOW, SHIPPED UPON RELEASE IN SEPTEMBER.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Californication with a LIMITED EDITION, 2LP picture disc version of the record.  It is part of the Picture This series from Warner Records and will be released in September 2019. Californication is 7th studio album by the Red Hot Chili Peppers and was produced by Rick Rubin.  Californication peaked at #3 on the Billboard Top 200 Charts has sold over 15 million worldwide, and included the hits “Otherside,” “Californication,” and the Grammy Award-winning “Scar Tissue.”

https://shop.redhotchilipeppers.com/products/20th-anniversary-californication-picture-disc

Edited by ckraus333

Man, this album and 'Hello Nasty' were on super heavy rotation for me in middle school.  I feel like both stand the test of time.

Picture disc though?  Why????  I have the 2012 reissue and it sounds great.  People say it's probably the best sounding pressing, even better than the original.  If you're looking for this album cop the 2012 on ebay or discogs

I’m not afraid to admit that I loved and still love RHCP.  Granted, I stopped caring much once By The Way came out. They started veering into some forced power pop thing that didn’t make sense to me. 

I celebrate their entire catalog...up to and including Californication. After that...pass. Especially now without Frusciante in the band. 

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

I’m not afraid to admit that I loved and still love RHCP.  Granted, I stopped caring much once By The Way came out. They started veering into some forced power pop thing that didn’t make sense to me. 

I celebrate their entire catalog...up to and including Californication. After that...pass. Especially now without Frusciante in the band. 

Yeah, I'm not super into them anymore, but I was, what, like 13 when this album came out and that was really about the time I started to discover music on my own. I really enjoyed it then and wouldn't mind taking a trip down memory lane sometime on vinyl. Not a pic disc though, and not for more than about $15.

I listened to this album, Dookie, and a weird amount of DMX that summer.