PO: Why? AOKOHIO 8/30/19

VIP edition on triple 10" box, primary colors and bone swirl vinyl, $42  (L/1000)

Yellow vinyl, $18

standard black vinyl, $15

on joyful noise for VIP only today (11 June); not sure when the regular pre-sale begins, but likely in a day or so.

Edited by tvrec
wrong date (30, not 20th of Aug); added VIP exclusive window for PO

Everything after Eskimo Snow has been a gut punch in terms of how disappointing I've found them. What's been strange is how fun and good the Divorcee and Yoni & Geti albums were. He's able to find that right balance still but, for some reason, the last few Why? albums have leaned into his worst instincts as a songwriter, IMO. Very curious to see how this one ends up sounding.

18 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Alopecia is nearly a 10/10 record for me, and I really can’t seem to get into anything else they’ve released.  I don’t get it.

Elephant Eyelash and the Early Whitney EP are fun and shabby. Alopecia is a perfect lightning in a bottle record. Eskimo Snow is like a fun little extra EP. Everything else is really bad/boring.

Have you heard that Yoni & Geti LP?

27 minutes ago, Oblivions said:

Elephant Eyelash and the Early Whitney EP are fun and shabby. Alopecia is a perfect lightning in a bottle record. Eskimo Snow is like a fun little extra EP. Everything else is really bad/boring.

Have you heard that Yoni & Geti LP?

elephant eyelash was the peak for me, though alopecia kept up to that standard. everything before and after was lacking comparatively. light leaves is one of the most devastating songs i have ever heard, and one that is super near to my heart. 

I was introduced with Alopecia, but probably revisit it the least now. Not sure why, other than I feel like maybe I've heard it too much compared to the others - great album though. I love the b-sides album Eskimo Snow, Elephant Eyelash, and also the one no one ever seems to talk about.. Mumps, etc.

And I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I think their album "moh lhean" has some of their best crafted songs and is probably what I revisit the most at this point in time

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Alopecia is nearly a 10/10 record for me, and I really can’t seem to get into anything else they’ve released.  I don’t get it.

this for me with Elephant Eyelash^^ 
everything else doesn't really move me. although i vaguely remember enjoying a single from their most recent one, maybe should give it (and this) a concentrated listen.