spacer.png

Starting with the bite of lead single “Gimme,” the songs on III are more fiery than ever, with lyrics about desire and pain sung over driving bass. Banks nearly named the album Eros, after the Greek god of love -- which would have fallen in line with her other divinely inspired album titles -- but felt the word wasn’t strong enough to encompass the breadth of what she had written about. Her new album, she says, covers a richer chapter in her life, and the number three, with its definitive simplicity, more effectively conveys a beginning, middle and end. “I was going through a major growth spurt when I made this album,” she says, including moving on from a breakup. She now describes herself as a “wise woman” instead of a “naive girl.” Rather than giving in to bitter or jaded lyrics, she tapped into the early assurance heard on the Altar track “Fuck With Myself” and her 2017 one-off “Underdog.” On III’s closing track, she replaces her lost love with a new one: Her 4-year-old niece’s voice saying “I love you” fills the album’s last few seconds.

Track listing:

1. Till Now

2. Gimme

3. Contaminated

4. Stroke

5. Godless

6. Sawzall

7. Look What You're Doing To Me (feat. Francis and the Lights)

8. Hawaiian Mazes

9. Alaska

10. Propaganda

11. The Fall

12. If We Were Made of Water

13. What About Love

2XLP Standard Black Vinyl

2XLP Exclusive Red Vinyl

This is a pre order and your physical music is expected to ship around July 12th, 2019.

Digital album will be delivered via email on album release date.

Please Note: Digital files are only available in the United States

I came across this album on iTunes last week and listened to the two released songs and I'm surprised how much I like those songs. I listened to her other two albums on Spotify and she's got really good music! Pre-ordered the red from the site a few days ago so I'm excited to hear the rest of this.

Edited by Jesus Of Suburbia