PO Now: Thom Yorke - Anima

6 hours ago, wiscodeman said:

He's played the majority of the songs live on the last tour, so just youtube the track titles to get an idea.

Also, that bonus track was previously known as Two Feet off the Ground when played live, if you want to know what that sounds like too.

So if I was bored out of my mind and fell asleep during a show on his last tour then I should pass on this?

51 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

The box set sold out on Plaid Room quickly yesterday. Not sure if @hossafer saw some copies get restocked today or was referencing the non-deluxe versions.

I saw their facebook post about their preorders 9 minutes after they posted it yesterday.  It was already sold out by then.

2 hours ago, kisol said:

$27 shipped at Amoeba with the FB10 promo code. I think that’s actually a buck cheaper than Plaid Room. 

https://www.amoeba.com/anima-orange-vinyl-lp-thom-yorke/albums/4150706/

snagged an indie orange at plaid room before they sold out with a promo code, but w/ shipping...came out to 26.49.  no love lost if you buy from amoeba, essentially. however,  amoeba tends to cut off sales when they fear overselling preorders, so i'd act sooner rather than later.

or, go over to bullmoose ($32 + shipping) and rack up some more points if you're one of those peeps.

fat beats also seems to have some copies available, but i have no experience w/ them.

rough trade -- take your chances. caveat emptor. past experience w/ them has led to cancelled preorders due to overselling.

it appears there will be 1,400 non-EXPOSED ORANGE CLOTH SPINE AND ORANGE GILT EDGING AND FINISHED WITH BODONIAN BINDING-book version copies around when all is said and done.

1 hour ago, frutiger75 said:

snagged an indie orange at plaid room before they sold out with a promo code, but w/ shipping...came out to 26.49.  no love lost if you buy from amoeba, essentially. however,  amoeba tends to cut off sales when they fear overselling preorders, so i'd act sooner rather than later.

or, go over to bullmoose ($32 + shipping) and rack up some more points if you're one of those peeps.

fat beats also seems to have some copies available, but i have no experience w/ them.

rough trade -- take your chances. caveat emptor. past experience w/ them has led to cancelled preorders due to overselling.

it appears there will be 1,400 non-EXPOSED ORANGE CLOTH SPINE AND ORANGE GILT EDGING AND FINISHED WITH BODONIAN BINDING-book version copies around when all is said and done.

Just randomly thrown in? Link?

1 hour ago, ejc625 said:

Just randomly thrown in? Link?

i found it earlier this morning and the details were on the page of a random record store as i was trying to ascertain whether there'd be an orange variant that isn't the full deluxe (ofc, i should've come here first yesterday to be informed there is going to be such a variant, lol.)  i forget where i saw it.

i'll try to track it down in my browsing history and post it if i uncover it.

11 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I think frutiger75 means 1,400 of the standard version on orange wax. Saying "non-...*deluxe version*" was confusing. I had to read it twice as well. 

The orange deluxe booklet version is limited to 1,400 copies available in Indie stores. That count is separate from Thom's webstore/W.A.S.T.E.

There's no word yet on what the standard 2xLP orange is limited to.