PO: Dredg - Catch Without Arms Repress

2 hours ago, Vega said:

Have they actually charged us 50 dollars for a loose vinyl signed on the label and and a piece of folded cardboard?

I think the boxset is going to be a piece of A3 paper, folded in half, with "dredgie" written in biro pen. All the records floating about in a plastic carrier bag. $400

48 minutes ago, ntslash said:

Let's see...250 copies at $50 each. Assuming a 50% profit margin, that's a whopping $6,250, divided by four members. So $1,562.50 each. 

How do these capitalist pigs manage to sleep on their mountains of cash knowing their poor fans are being forced to surrender their hard-earned money? 

that’s why one of the members signed the shitty white sleeve instead, couldn’t be bothered on vacation in Barbados with all the models and champagne  ! 

9 minutes ago, ethereal said:

that’s why one of the members signed the shitty white sleeve instead, couldn’t be bothered on vacation in Barbados with all the models and champagne  ! 

Looks like Gavin signed both the white sleeve and Side B label. For what reason, I don't know.

Edited by angryalan

On 8/27/2019 at 10:19 AM, holyvacantsholyhell said:

I never got into this band so I don’t have any skin in this game but...

fuck these guys.

I remember years ago they were on facebook trying to sell some of their fabric stage backdrops for some ridiculous price. I commented that maybe they could donate some of the proceeds to a charity and they deleted my comment.

3 hours ago, DC1221 said:

I remember years ago they were on facebook trying to sell some of their fabric stage backdrops for some ridiculous price. I commented that maybe they could donate some of the proceeds to a charity and they deleted my comment.

Those backdrops are expensive and they need money more than they need the promotional backdrop for an old tour. They gave fans an opportunity to own one. They didn't force anyone to buy them. I don't see what the problem is. They're not a wealthy band and they sought to make some money back.

2 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

Has anyone that ordered not received a shipping notification yet? Or have most of you already received them? I'm personally still waiting for a shipping notice and am curious what most people are experiencing?

Ordered, but no shipping notification for me yet. 

16 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Those backdrops are expensive and they need money more than they need the promotional backdrop for an old tour. They gave fans an opportunity to own one. They didn't force anyone to buy them. I don't see what the problem is. They're not a wealthy band and they sought to make some money back.

That would have been a perfectly reasonable, mature response from the band. They don't owe me anything, but deleting comments it's childish. 

19 minutes ago, DC1221 said:

That would have been a perfectly reasonable, mature response from the band. They don't owe me anything, but deleting comments it's childish. 

I don't know if I agree with it being childish but maybe they thought you were trolling. Who knows. Plus, they don't owe anyone an explanation for why they're selling old touring materials. Musicians sell old amps and instruments they no longer need/use/want/like. Its not like anyone should suggest to them what they do with that money. I'm not sure I understand the impetus for your suggestion that they ought to donate a portion of the "proceeds" to charity. The "proceeds" are to fund the members eating, paying rent, bills, etc. Again, and I can't stress this enough: they're not a band who has accumulated some extremely large amount of money by being a band. In all likelihood, they may have actually had some troubles simply breaking even on some tours. Its not an uncommon tale for a lot of bands. Being in a band is not necessarily lucrative at all, especially one that has been hovering under the mainstream for roughly 20 years.

I love the band but without a rabid and incredibly wide demand for them to produce output and play shows, its hard to perpetuate the activities of releases and tours. They have done it but its probably pretty hard. The fact that they don't keep a strict schedule of album/tour/album/tour with a near predictable frequency is a clue that its probably not an incredibly financially stable endeavor. There are plenty of bands in scenes that are not mainstream who manage to keep going with record releases and tours consistently and those are ones who are probably doing at least well enough to perpetuate that schedule. I doubt anyone in dredg is impoverished necessarily (to be fair, I have no idea)  but there's no reason to view a band advertising the sale of their materials and suggest that they donate any part of the money they earn from it. Let's pretend that even one band member is even slightly food insecure. If that was you and someone suggested that you donate your proceeds of a sale you were conducting to try make sure you could eat, do you think that maybe you might delete a comment that you found distasteful in the face of your struggle?

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Vega said:

Got mine about a week ago, the printing is quite nice but the item for what it is as a whole is pretty ridiculous for that price

Thanks Vega. I also emailed MN and after a couple back & forths, I finally got them to say - "Everyone is aware of the situation unfortunately the manufacturer shorted us a bunch of copies and a bunch were damaged in transit. So at this time we are waiting until the next batch arrives, I’m expecting the shipment to come sometime between the end of October mid November."

So I guess I fall into that next batch category.