PO: Type O Negative - None More Negative Box Set

This was really a tough one to decide between Run Out and Bullmoose. Run Out is the label that’s putting it out so I’m sure they’d get them first, the charge tax which came out to about $218. Both BM and ROG have free shipping. Bullmoose doesn’t charge till it ships but who’s knows if you’ll have that money in your account come that time. Bullmoose doesn’t accept PayPal which is kinda a bummer since I have Paypal credit which is awesome. So I went with ROG since I could pay $218 within the span of 6 months with 0 interest with PayPal credit. Was a tough decision. I don’t think I’ve ever canceled anything with Bullmoose. Losing out on the points though is tough.

1 hour ago, Rottengoth said:

This was really a tough one to decide between Run Out and Bullmoose. Run Out is the label that’s putting it out so I’m sure they’d get them first, the charge tax which came out to about $218. Both BM and ROG have free shipping. Bullmoose doesn’t charge till it ships but who’s knows if you’ll have that money in your account come that time. Bullmoose doesn’t accept PayPal which is kinda a bummer since I have Paypal credit which is awesome. So I went with ROG since I could pay $218 within the span of 6 months with 0 interest with PayPal credit. Was a tough decision. I don’t think I’ve ever canceled anything with Bullmoose. Losing out on the points though is tough.

Now that's some damn good logic.

2 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

Bullmoose doesn’t charge till it ships but who’s knows if you’ll have that money in your account come that time.

A: adults who can budget.

Just busting your balls a bit, but not singling you out specifically – $200 is a fair chunk of change, but “you” would probably be better suited with a cheaper hobby if it’s too tough to predict whether or not there will be $200 available in a checking account, 2-3 months out.  That’s wild to me but I see it happen quite a bit.  I am not wealthy nor am I sitting on a surplus of disposable income I can throw around and forget about, but I can’t imagine hypothetically starving myself because I need new car brakes the same time this boxset drops.

People can shit on me for trying to lord over how people spend their money, whatever.  I stand by it.  PayPal Credit and chipping away at it monthly is the way to do it, anyway.  I think you chose wisely.  

32 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Just busting your balls a bit, but not singling you out specifically – $200 is a fair chunk of change, but “you” would probably be better suited with a cheaper hobby if it’s too tough to predict whether or not there will be $200 available in a checking account, 2-3 months out.  That’s wild to me but I see it happen quite a bit.  I am not wealthy nor am I sitting on a surplus of disposable income I can throw around and forget about, but I can’t imagine hypothetically starving myself because I need new car brakes the same time this boxset drops.

People can shit on me for trying to lord over how people spend their money, whatever.  I stand by it.  PayPal Credit and chipping away at it monthly is the way to do it, anyway.  I think you chose wisely.  

I just hear way too much shit about how it has fucked people in the end and that's why I just stay clear.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I’m a full time bartender, and I take home cash everyday, BUT I don’t keep it all in my bank at all times, I only want to go to the bank when I have to put money in my account around the time my auto billing comes out.  only reason why is I would forget. If Bullmoose sent an email for preorders before it would take money out i wouldn’t be worried about it, but my incoming record list is pretty big and I sometimes forget about things I’ve preordered until I get shipping confirmation. 

22 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Based on the above quote, I’m going to guess you’ve never known anyone that worked as a bank teller, and all the people you know are very responsible with money. My wife worked as a bank teller for s few years and she couldn’t believe the number of people that would come in to discuss their MULTIPLE overdraft fees. 

On the subject of the multiple reissues of Bloody Kisses lately. I also ordered the stand alone BK from ROG thinking I was helping to encourage the release of the other records. I guess it worked? And while more TON is never a bad thing, I don’t think I need 4 copies of BK. 

1 hour ago, kannibal said:

Based on the above quote, I’m going to guess you’ve never known anyone that worked as a bank teller, and all the people you know are very responsible with money. My wife worked as a bank teller for s few years and she couldn’t believe the number of people that would come in to discuss their MULTIPLE overdraft fees. 

I have an account at a credit union kinda local to my area and when I got a credit card they gave me overdraft protection on my account. I've only overdrafted once but it was when I had that protection thankfully. 

Anyway, while we're kind of on the subject of money and spending habits. What I generally do is only use funds from my PayPal debit card/account to make purchases of records on anything online. If I'm running low - it's time for me to sell something on ebay or discogs. My full time job is directly deposited into my bank account and that's used on bills. I get cash from my part time job and that will fund anything I buy in store. 

I love the idea of a box and would probably jump on it if it was available outside of the US (Fuck importing a boxset) that said kind of miffed they didn't announce this before dropping Bloody Kisses. I could have waited. I'm partly holding out hope that each album will in turn get an individual run so I can cherry pick now that I already have Bloody Kisses.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:59 PM, fish said:

190 ahead of postage puts it at about £31 per album which isn't  unreasonable considering the secondary market for any of these alone (save the recent re-issued bloody kisses) that being said I picked up that re-issue for £20 and it is well put together numbered item and on colour if they wind up doing that for each album I can prevent myself duplicating and avoid getting the albums I know won't get the played a lot. Tis a real beard scratcher of a decision.

• 4 weeks later...

ROG didn’t ship my Bloody Kisses by release day so I’m asking to cancel. It’s pretty lame when a local store has them in stock but the label webstore doesn’t ship by release day.  The 2LP stand alone BK appears to be the same color as the RSD 3LP.  It would have been nice to have a different color, but not a huge deal. As stated on the ROG site, it is the exact same cut as the RSD 3LP, so it sounds great. 

I hope they recut all the albums with the same quality for the NMN box.