Thrice - Beggars 10th Anniversary Repress

4 hours ago, tokimedo said:

not sure how factual this is..but there are some murmurings on the thrice facebook group that the new pressing is slightly sped up compared to the original vagrant pressings. someone posted a comparison video using the same control turntable. 

Like, how much we talking? If its just a tiny little bit I honestly don't mind as long as it sounds clear and full.

(inb4 I get roasted for that statement)

1 hour ago, V3XED said:

Like, how much we talking? If its just a tiny little bit I honestly don't mind as long as it sounds clear and full.

(inb4 I get roasted for that statement)

This shit will spin at doublespeed
All its dynamics disappear
It helps to keep my stylus clean, the ends will justify the means
Still I'm always careful what I hear

• 2 years later...
On 10/21/2021 at 9:23 AM, xfactor675 said:

looks like vagrant doing a run on this one too with a december 3rd release date. No specifics yet. I'd bet it would be without the 7"

https://www.ccmusic.com/beggars/4050538673210

https://www.amazon.com/Beggars-Thrice/dp/B09JK3TLTG

https://shop.thehardtimes.net/products/thrice-beggars-lp?_pos=1&_sid=146ccfc01&_ss=r

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, zuck said:

Weird that both exclusives ended up being completely different colors than what was mentioned in their pre-orders.

Newbury sent an email saying the plat messed up the colors. I think what actually happened though is that the two exclusives got reversed. Vagrant was supposed to be a Purple/Neon Green Galaxy and Newbury was supposed to be a Orange and Blue Swirl. Galaxies/Swirls often go wrong though and end up primarily one color. Considering Newbury's is now a darker green haze and vagrant is an orangish mix, think the plant just sent the wrong ones to the wrong places.

Edited by zacooper
word

1 minute ago, zacooper said:

Newbury sent an email saying the plat messed up the colors. I think what actually happened though is that the two exclusives got reversed. Vagrant was supposed to be a Purple/Neon Green Galaxy and Newbury was supposed to be a Orange and Blue Swirl. Galaxies/Swirls often go wrong though and end up primarily one color. Considering Newbury's is now a darker green haze and vagrant is an orangish mix, think the plant just sent the wrong ones to the wrong places.

And ultimately it doesn't seem to matter too much since both variants got botched.  I love a good galaxy swirl but it seems like so many artists / labels haven't figured out the nuances to getting them pressed correctly.  (See: the overwhelming amount of galaxy swirls that basically look like black vinyl unless you hold them up to the light.)  But for anyone itching to own a copy of this without spending $50+, I'm sure it'll suffice – beggars can't be choosers.

1 hour ago, zacooper said:

Kinda sucks cause both mockups looked really good.