Out Now: The Contortionist - Our Boring EP

1 hour ago, anomynous said:

Release of August 9th, tracklist of:

Follow (3:46),

Early Grave (3:51),

All Grey (1:56),

1979 (Smashing Pumpkins Cover) (4:29).

first single is up on Spotify

Way too short for a 12" for $20 (14 minutes and 2 seconds if I did the math right). I wasn't fond of their cover live but maybe the recording will be better. Digging Early Grave though.

Oh yeah no media mail either so $7.65 shipping. Outrageous.

Edited by N8TRU

5 hours ago, ethereal said:

even if its "more limited" , it definitely looks worse than the galaxy/splatter version.
however you wanna justify that extra $10 spent though..

That’s another reason I went with the opaque variant.  The description on Merchnow says “splatter” and the mock up is definitely a swirl / marble, so who knows how that thing’s gonna come out...

EDIT: Just tried the "how many can I add to my cart" trick for the first time & there are 302 of the opaque left & 819 of the splatter.  I'm guessing original numbers were 500 & 1000?

Edited by silence2-38554

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, silence2-38554 said:

Just received the "opaque pink" from TC's webstore & it's definitely a Pink & White marble.  Wondering if there's actually just one variant and both sites had inaccurate descriptions....

Photo? I also got mine from the webstore, but didnt open it just yet. I also ordered the merchnow and have some buyers remorse (aka awarness of over indulgence). So I may just flip one copy and keep whichever looks nicer. 

Well this is infuriating to me. Follow is easily the best thing they've written since Exoplanet, but the rest is so fucking boring... These guys obviously have the potential to make a great album with their current schtick, but they reallllly need someone to work QC and tell them that throwing a couple screams in there isn't admitting defeat.

I listened this morning and I was super disappointed with this. Quality wise I'd rank it below every album. I don't understand why they bothered putting out something so short and on top of that it was supposed to be out a while back. My other big questions are why was this pressed to vinyl, why were so many copies pressed, and why is it on a 12"? I have their discography but I'm probably not picking this one up because of the price and length.

15 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

I listened this morning and I was super disappointed with this. Quality wise I'd rank it below every album. I don't understand why they bothered putting out something so short and on top of that it was supposed to be out a while back. My other big questions are why was this pressed to vinyl, why were so many copies pressed, and why is it on a 12"? I have their discography but I'm probably not picking this one up because of the price and length.

My thoughts exactly.

Alright.....  I think this EP is really disappointing as well.

The length is really the worst part of it, I actually like every single track.

Follow is super super good, but hot damn. Why is this a 12"? 
My own damn fault for not considering it before purchasing, but it feels cash grabby. 

I am sure they have some other B sides or something they could have used to flush this out?

Or just make it a 10" and call it a day. (Or would it even fit on a 7"? lol)

Anyways RIP my dumbass wallet. 

4 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Alright.....  I think this EP is really disappointing as well.

The length is really the worst part of it, I actually like every single track.

Follow is super super good, but hot damn. Why is this a 12"? 
My own damn fault for not considering it before purchasing, but it feels cash grabby. 

I am sure they have some other B sides or something they could have used to flush this out?

Or just make it a 10" and call it a day. (Or would it even fit on a 7"? lol)

Anyways RIP my dumbass wallet. 

It would have absolutely fit on a 7" cut at 33rpm. Could've even done it on a 45 if they didn't include that useless cover. I think. I don't know, don't listen to me.

I do know it could've fit on SOME KINDA 7"

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell