KoЯn « The Nothing », pre-order new LP

31 minutes ago, AGB said:

Yeah just like the web store exclusive I just cant bяing myself to spend over 40 dollars on a KoЯЯecoЯd.

20 minutes ago, bgdesign said:

Did anyone else get the cryptic postcard in the mail about this record? No band name just "Welcome to the Nothing" printed on it and part of the album cover. It was a terrible try at marketing.

So it fits right in with everything they've done the last 15+ years?

15 minutes ago, lostcrimes said:

Same. Follow the leader was what got me into rock music. I was ten and didn't know any better 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, gutterball1 said:

likewise and that album was my first CD.

To this day I still have no idea why they had 12 silent 5 second tracks at the front of the record. 

NVM:

"the first 12 tracks of this album (all silence before the music starts at track 13), assuming it was a gimmick, a CD tracklisting novelty. It turns out the 12 tracks form a minute of silence out of respect for a boy named Justin (also a track on Follow the Leader), a boy with intestinal cancer whose final wish was to meet the members of Korn."

https://1001albumsin10years.wordpress.com/2013/11/15/korn-follow-the-leader-1998/

21 hours ago, skycriesmary said:

So it fits right in with everything they've done the last 15+ years?

11 hours ago, gutterball1 said:

korn was my fav band in the 90s.  

10 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

Same. Follow the leader was what got me into rock music. I was ten and didn't know any better 🤷🏻‍♂️

their first 2 albums I was very young so they were not part of my life, I do like a couple songs from those early albums but they are really before my time...now the albums follow the leader, issues, and untouchables.  those albums rocked my childhood.  and maybe even some of take a look in the mirror... but a new band by the name of the used was blowing up around that time and they took the place as my favorite band and from the 'see you on the other side' album onward I lost track of korn and they fizzled away from me.  I only would hear that they were releasing yet another album year after year but I don't remember checking out more then just the lead single and I have not listened to one of their albums in its entire from 'see you on the other side' onward...but now I kind of want to since it looks like there are 7 albums to check out.

7 hours ago, gutterball1 said:

their first 2 albums I was very young so they were not part of my life, I do like a couple songs from those early albums but they are really before my time...now the albums follow the leader, issues, and untouchables.  those albums rocked my childhood.  and maybe even some of take a look in the mirror... but a new band by the name of the used was blowing up around that time and they took the place as my favorite band and from the 'see you on the other side' album onward I lost track of korn and they fizzled away from me.  I only would hear that they were releasing yet another album year after year but I don't remember checking out more then just the lead single and I have not listened to one of their albums in its entire from 'see you on the other side' onward...but now I kind of want to since it looks like there are 7 albums to check out.

Those first 4 albums were my shit (before I was corrupted by punk rock via skateboarding). As much as I loved the early stuff, I just could never go back to the band or this style of music. I'll drop in and check-out their new material every so often out of curiosity, but it's nothing I genuinely want to listen to (like I used).

Same can be said for pop-punk bands I used to adore, like Sum 41 and New Found Glory (although with NFG I did actually like Coming Home and Not Without A Fight, everything else is kinda 'bleh' for me).

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:07 PM, Skacel said:

Yup, first 4 albums for me. Freak on a leash was a floor filler in the rock clubs back in the day 👴

I got drunk about a week ago n met a friend in town n we went to the only alternative night our shitty lil town has, legitimately saw a guy wearing a nu metal kilt and heard some KoRn so I'd argue its still filling clubs if that's your thing. Even my last club night in Camden was 90% nu. It's as if 2003 was the year the music died unless you scour London for a more hipster establishment.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

On 6/28/2019 at 1:26 AM, Shitty Rambo said:

To this day I still have no idea why they had 12 silent 5 second tracks at the front of the record. 

NVM:

"the first 12 tracks of this album (all silence before the music starts at track 13), assuming it was a gimmick, a CD tracklisting novelty. It turns out the 12 tracks form a minute of silence out of respect for a boy named Justin (also a track on Follow the Leader), a boy with intestinal cancer whose final wish was to meet the members of Korn."

https://1001albumsin10years.wordpress.com/2013/11/15/korn-follow-the-leader-1998/

On the vinyl press, they should have put a minute of silence, or a locked groove at the very start of the record to achieve a similar effect.

However, so many people would have returned the album as “defective,” unfortunately....😜

4 hours ago, Plarocks said:

On the vinyl press, they should have put a minute of silence, or a locked groove at the very start of the record to achieve a similar effect.

However, so many people would have returned the album as “defective,” unfortunately....😜

I own the vinyl and it's as bare boned and lazy as it gets. Sounds good though. 

• 1 month later...