PO Now: Ceremony - In The Spirit World Now (Out Aug 23th)

55 minutes ago, jrodan said:

so i just saw today that this album has been Yip'd. how does everyone feel about that?

Seems it's only been partially Yip'd. The single sounds great to me. We shall see what the rest of the album sounds like soon!

"How was working with Will Yip and Ben Greenberg?

It was Anthony and I’s Spy vs. Spy thing. His idea was to have Will, and it was my idea to have Ben, so we fused that together. It was weird going back and forth because we wanted to use them both — Ben did most of the synthetic stuff, and Will was the proprietor of the drums and the vocals. Ben made the record feel a little more rough. It was an interesting dichotomy."

4 minutes ago, dork337 said:

Seems it's only been partially Yip'd. The single sounds great to me. We shall see what the rest of the album sounds like soon!

"How was working with Will Yip and Ben Greenberg?

It was Anthony and I’s Spy vs. Spy thing. His idea was to have Will, and it was my idea to have Ben, so we fused that together. It was weird going back and forth because we wanted to use them both — Ben did most of the synthetic stuff, and Will was the proprietor of the drums and the vocals. Ben made the record feel a little more rough. It was an interesting dichotomy."

that actually works for me. Ben Greenberg kills with the raw recording style. i did think the vocals sounded different from the last album, so this kinda makes sense. polished vocals and drums with raw guitars. single has been catching on with me, so im excited.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dork337 said:

New variant alert: First Letter Press Exclusive, Clear Vinyl w/ Neon Green, Neon Yellow, and Neon Orange Splatter /150

https://firstletterpress.bigcartel.com/product/ceremony-in-the-spirit-world-now

Great thanks!  I also ordered the L-shaped demos /100, while I was on First Letter site, in order to save on shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

Man I really don't get this band. I remember listening to the L-Shaped Man a few years back when it got a repress and everyone was losing their shit. This is good/fine, but it's just a really weird. Like I enjoy it but couldn't see myself jamming it in the car or at home. Also why are they always talked about as if they were a heavy band? I guess I just need background. Associated with other bands that are big?